Author Topic: Backup rifle recommendations  (Read 3668 times)

Offline Lee Melone

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Backup rifle recommendations
« on: August 25, 2004, 09:09:46 PM »
Long story short....I'm just starting out in CAS.  All my guns are on order.  My main rifle will be a USFA Lightning in .45LC (whenever they are finally released into production), but I need an interm rifle until it arrives.  Would like one in .38SPL to serve as my woman's main rifle and a backup for me, but really don't want to drop a thousand on it since it will see less use than the Lightning.

There are only so many guns at the local club, and I figure this is a chance to poll alot more people.  So...if you have any suggestions of what to or not to get, let me know.

Offline Klondike

• Very Active Citizen
    • Cowtown Katy's Emporium
  • Liked:
Re: Backup rifle recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »
The 66 or 73 are probably the most desireable, but most expensive. I have seen used 66's for a bout 700.00
http://www.frontierspot.org/viewtopic.php?t=21162
Here is one on TFS for sale. If these don't fit your fancy then look at the Marlin Cowboy Comp, it is .38 only and can be made to run.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 11:44:22 PM »
The standard Marlin 1894C/CS is a good one for a back up/ladies gun. These are in .38/.357, hold ten .38's and can be made to hold ten .357's with some mag. spring work. Same action as the CB's, just a shorter round barrel. Also if you are in an area that Big Five is in, they run a cheaper version with a hardwood stock instead of black walnut on sale at times for $299. Believe it's called an 1894H. My wife shoots an 1894CS with a few mods to the sights and stock and it shoots/runs as well as my 1894 CBC does..........Buck 8) ::) :) ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:07:57 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com