Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1291198 times)

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
That Big Brown has got a good engine.  Me thinks we maybe looking at a triple crown winner.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #201 on: May 20, 2008, 07:55:31 AM »
PR he's sign on to 3 chimneys roster, undisclosed amount, win or lose the Belmont they need to keep him fit and sound.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: May 20, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »
I figure the amount is undisclosed because it's on a sliding scale.  Started high for winning the Derby, slid up when he won the Preakness, will go through the roof if he wins the Belmont and the Triple Crown.  If he gets hurt the offer goes in tha terlit.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 10:41:06 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »
Even if Big Brown doesn't win the Triple Crown, he will be worth a lot at stud.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2008, 06:10:37 PM »
Some of the teams are hangin' their car bodies off center to make them COT's turn better.  This put undo strain on the axles.

Reckon NASCAR got tired of the crab walkers. Technical bulletin went to the teams today. One degree toe ‘n no more.in the rear axles effective Dover. Heard the alignment was so outtah whack folks were havin’ trouble pushin’ ‘em on the scales for final inspection. They didn’t wanna go straight. Reckon the rumor was true.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: May 23, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »
Yessir! Them scales were needin' be double jointed.  Kyle B won the pole. He'll be hard to beat unless that right front problem rears it's ugly head.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2008, 12:01:16 AM »
I know that y'all are NASCAR fans, but did any of ya notice that we had a little race here in Indy today?

I'm surprised none of ya mentioned it.

It's not the same kind of racin' y'all normally talk about but if ya get to go there and ya like speed and seein' some talented folks from all over the world, it's a hoot!  They ain't ALL prima donnas!  ;)

I'll tell ya this:  if ya like cars that go fast, Indy is a darn good place to live.  We've got something for every taste;  the 500, the Brickyard 400 and the National Drags.  Not to mention a fair amount of dirt tracks and other fun stuff!  Why there's even some horse tracks and a real BIG one just a couple hours away down in Ken-tucky!

Congratulations to Scott Dixon.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2008, 06:23:53 AM »
Hope ya had a good time with it, SHB.

Kindah funny. Schrader was in the 33 last evenin’. Started 33rd ‘n finished 33rd …. That’s different… 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2008, 08:37:19 AM »
Even if Big Brown doesn't win the Triple Crown, he will be worth a lot at stud.

I'd bet a 5 spot if he win's the Belmont it'll bring 200k per cover, @100 mares a year that's pretty good change$$$
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »
All that money and no fun to show for it!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
SHB, I have been to Indy several times to the 500.  We had a auto parts  store in addition to the garage when I was a kid.  We got tickets to the race and we drove up to Indy from the Texas Panhandle. Different sponsors would  hand out tickets if you sold enough of their products. Never been to the Brickyard NASCAR race or the Drags.  We had a sprint car in the 50's that we raced in Amarillo. I've been to the museum several times. My Dad and I were there for the 68 race. We we were in the Museum and I noticed Gus Grissom looking at the cars. I mentioned it to Dad and he told me not make a big deal out of it. Dad figured that Gus was there to look at the museum without being recognized.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
Wunner whut Kasey Kahne could get affer last night?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »
Arcey, At least he didn't have any Right Front problems as the JGR Toyos did.  I really think that Little E had a chance before he hit the wall that first time. It seemed the car was big time loose.  I think Kahne was saving a little for the last 100 miles of the race. Those engines are built to run 500 not 600.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
Don’t think Gibbs is havin’ any more tire troubles than anyone else. Stewart’s were almost seventy laps old when one let go. Hamlin, I dunno. He wasn’t runnin’ far ‘nuff up ta get much of a mention. Busch didn’t have a problem with his.

Several others had right front issues. To name a few. The other Busch brother, Penske. Earnhardt, Hendrick. Both front runners. Carpentier (that ain’t spelled right) with Evernham. Think Roush was the only organization that didn’t pop one last night.

Right sides have been bitin’ folks all season. Thinkin’ it’s the product of tryin’ ta figure this car out on the mile ‘n a halfs they ain’t been on previously. Folks piss ‘n moan ‘bout all those tracks bein’ the same but they ain’t. The similarity ends with length. They’re all different on entry ‘n exit. Texas, severely on the exit from four. Everyone in the garage (for the open wheel folks, paddock) is buildin’ new books.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2008, 06:14:32 PM »
Arcey, Changing the camber on the right front would make the tire wear unevenlyand making them blow out easier. I think you've got something about the 1.5 mile tracks. They're all different and Goodyear is trying to use the same tire on different tracks to save money.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2008, 07:45:55 PM »
Damned if ya do, damned if ya don’t. Positive in the left, negative in the right or they’d wear the other edge ‘n they wouldn’t turn.

Watched a bit of the open wheel stuff Sunday. Was kindah surprised ta see how much camber they had cranked in ‘em.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2008, 08:46:29 AM »
I watched a little of both races, it seemed like every time someone got in the lead at the Charlotte race for awhile they would wreck or have problems.  Kahne seemed to have luck with him.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2008, 09:15:33 AM »
Texas Lawdog;

That must've been one of the last times anyone saw Gus Grissom alive. But - you must have been there in '66, since he died 27 Jan. '67.  RIP, Gus - you are missed.

I used to be a carrier at the Postal station that delivered the Track and surrounding area.  I've delivered during all the Saturdays of qualifications for the 500, the B-Yard 400 and I delivered the day of the first NASCAR Brickyard 400, won by # 24.  Let me tell you; as a person who was in that area working and mixing with all the folks there to watch the goings-on, I HAD A BALL!!  I'll say this: the 500 crowd, while friendly and very much the party-types, aren't (weren't) as friendly as the NASCAR crowd that first year.  And the NASCAR crowd was a bit more "family-oriented", if ya know whut I mean.  Not as many drunk "show-me-your-t..s" types.  Oh, they were there - and sometimes kinda fun to watch, but if you're there "on a mission" - ie: working (and NO - I refused ALL offers of drinks ... 'tho I DID eat well  ;D ) the drunks are sometimes just pitiful, not funny or fun.  (I must be gettin' old.)  ;)

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2008, 09:46:17 AM »
When Vickers lost the wheel I thought I was gonna get physically ill. The second straight 600 the boy with a two year start up team had a car good ‘nuff ta win. All over in a heart beat. Power steerin’ went *poof* last year.

Spent a Labor Day weekend at Darlington in the infield, SHB. I promise I’ll never do it again. Had a pure, absolute blast but it prolly took a year off my life. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:49 AM »
SHB, I guess it was maybe 65 or 66.We didn't go in 67.  I've been up there several times on extraditions and I was up there during qualifications. It's still a neat place to visit. I plan on going to the 100th Indy 500.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com