Author Topic: New '66  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New '66
« on: July 06, 2009, 08:21:56 AM »
I hate having to post this question, but, a friend of mine (newish shooter and non-CAS) has just bought a brand spanking new Uberti '66 with the octagonal barrel in .45 LC.
The trigger pull is standard 'American Anti-Litigation', about 12-15 lbs. ::)
Has anyone posted any DIY for easing this model over the hump into being a better handling shooter.
Accuracy is fine, Just very clunky.
Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.
(Naturally he asked me, 'cos I know everything,,,duhh!!! Y'now,,,me being a Marlin man.) :o

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

Offline Cutter Carl

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New '66
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 04:38:54 PM »
I put a set of SliXprings from Pioneer Gun Works in mine.  Also a light duty main spring from The Smith Shop.  Those two things along with a good cleaning and proper lubrication will work wonders.  I also swapped out he stock magazine follower and spring for the stainless versions from Pioneer. 

Of course he can also go the full out race prep with an aluminum carrier and short stroke kit and an action job, not really needed IMHO for a new shooter.

www.pioneergunworks.com
www.thesmithshop.com
NCOWS #3053
SASS #79783
Cracker Cow Cavalry - Florida's 1st NCOWS Posse
CCC - Marshall
Eagle Scout 1980

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:07 AM »

Offline John Three Ponies

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »
I put a set of SliXprings from Pioneer Gun Works in mine.  Also a light duty main spring from The Smith Shop.  Those two things along with a good cleaning and proper lubrication will work wonders.  I also swapped out he stock magazine follower and spring for the stainless versions from Pioneer. 

Of course he can also go the full out race prep with an aluminum carrier and short stroke kit and an action job, not really needed IMHO for a new shooter.

www.pioneergunworks.com
www.thesmithshop.com
Good info to have,I'm adding one of these to the gun rack,and now I won't be cussin'at it for weeks :P

Offline Angel_Eyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:25 AM »
Thanks guy's,,most appreciated,,don't know how much notice he will take.
Perhaps I will let him get fed up with it and see if I can pry it loose at a good price!! (Could I  do that??)

AE
Trouble is...when I'm paid to do a job, I always carry it through. (Angel Eyes, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)
BWSS # 54, RATS# 445, SCORRS,
Cowboy from Robin Hood's back yard!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com