Author Topic: Stoeger .locking up??  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Stoeger .locking up??
« on: October 16, 2011, 09:10:32 PM »
My new Stoeger is having a bit of a temper tantrium. Every once in a while after I fire off both bbls it will stick?? about 1/4 of the way open . It is almost impossible to open . It takes a LOT of force to make it hinge open fully. I can't see anything broken or out of place . Any suggestion for a fix ? Appreciate the replies.
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 170
Re: Stoeger .locking up??
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:30:06 AM »
Go to Marauders web site it will tell ya how ta remedy that. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
Almost certainly, the firing pins are sticking in the primers.  Long Hunter sells some pins that eliminate this problem.

However, my experience is that lubricating the pins with graphite, rather than petroleum oil, will prevent them from sticking for a while.

You can remove the firing pin shields with a spanner (spring clip) wrench.  When you get it apart, clean everything with alcohol and lubricate with dry graphite.  It wouldn't hurt to polish the tips of the pins while you've got it apart.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:52:05 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com