Author Topic: smoke wagon deluxes hammer is sticking sometimes  (Read 3443 times)

Offline bisognor

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
smoke wagon deluxes hammer is sticking sometimes
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:17:39 PM »
Hey guys,

I have smoke wagon deluxe in 38/357.  While I was dry firing today, with snap caps in, the hammer started sticking about every 3rd to 4th time.  I can't explain it, but I could feel something funny as the pin hit right before it started,
 Sticking, but I cant see any wrong.  any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Robert
Left Eye bobbyb
Sass 100965

Offline Phoenix

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: smoke wagon deluxes hammer is sticking sometimes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
Not quite sure what you mean by sticking but it certainly sounds like something's not right.  If it were my gun, I would take it apart and see what's going on inside.  These are very simple guns and come apart and go back together with nothing more than a screw driver. (Well, a couple screw drivers.)  A quick google search will turn up guidance if you are not familiar with the design.  Taylor's web site has an exploded diagram which will help as well.  It could be something as simple as a metal chip that is someplace it doesn't belong.  Or something could be broken needing replacement.  Let us know what you find!

Offline bisognor

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:24:28 PM »
ll I had to do was open my eyes.  The pin that holds the firing pin was coming out.  This stands to reason, because every screw unscrews itself as I shoot on the same gun, including some of the internal ones. 

When I put the new pin in, on it's way from Taylor, could I use locktite like I plan to put on the screws thoughout the gun?

The guns are nice, but given that i may start practicing a bit more to get good, I wish I would have went with the rugers.

Thanks folks.
"Left Eye" Bobby B.
Sass ID #100965

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:08:12 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com