Author Topic: Problem with an EMF blackpowder frame revolver  (Read 2783 times)

Offline jimbobborg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Problem with an EMF blackpowder frame revolver
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:16:22 PM »
I have an EMF Hartford with the blackpowder style frame, where a screw holds the cylinder pin in.  If the screw is in too far, the revolver locks up, but if I loosen it up, so it just keeps the pin in, it works fine.  Is this normal? 

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1233
Re: Problem with an EMF blackpowder frame revolver
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
In short, no.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 11:15:21 AM »
There should be a shoulder in the frame and on the screw.  The screw should bottom out before it hits the cylinder pin.  It sounds like yours is just a tad long and is pushing up on the pin binding the cylinder.  Take the pin and cylinder out.  Put in the screw and run it into the frame.  If it hits a positive stop then just shorten the tip a bit and retry it.  It it goes all the way through the frame, then you will have to put a little loctite on it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:00:52 AM »

Offline jimbobborg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »
There should be a shoulder in the frame and on the screw.  The screw should bottom out before it hits the cylinder pin.  It sounds like yours is just a tad long and is pushing up on the pin binding the cylinder.  Take the pin and cylinder out.  Put in the screw and run it into the frame.  If it hits a positive stop then just shorten the tip a bit and retry it.  It it goes all the way through the frame, then you will have to put a little loctite on it.

I pulled the cylinder and pin out and the screw just kept on going.  Looks like I'll have to leave it backed out.  I have some blue loctite, which should be sufficient.  Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com