Author Topic: Miss Totenkopf are you here?  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Matthew Duncan

• Cutter’s Raiders# 13
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 23189
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Miss Totenkopf are you here?
« on: June 29, 2005, 02:32:02 PM »
SASS is having fitts so I'm post my reply here.

Miss Totenkopf,

Reference your "The Lonly Hearts Club" post and where are the real men?

Got married when I was just shy of 20 years of age to my high school sweetheart.  I opened doors, bought her flowers and such before and after we were married, still do.

I saved 25% for a down payment on an old house that we purchased (with her approval) a month before we were married.

I made the house payments, remodeled the kitchen first, put on a new roof, new windows, new heating, added a garage, replaced most of the wiring and new siding.  I either did the work myself or paid to have it done.

No kids yet and she worked fulltime, didn’t want to “waste” her money so I pay all bills.

I would drive junk so she could have the reliable car.

I changed jobs (night shift) because she didn’t like being home alone at night.

When the children came I changed my schedule to watch the kids while so she could go to her “social” events.

When the daughter started her monthly female thing, I’m the one that stayed up with her all night because the wife had a big day tomorrow.

I built her dream house on three acres of wooded land.  She picked out the design, colors, kitchen cabinets, light fixtures just the way she wanted.  I asked for one basement room for a den.  I pay the mortgage.

She doesn’t like car shopping and doesn't like me picking out the car she would drive.  So I drove different cars home for her look seel until she saw one see likes.  I bought it for her and make the loan and insurance payments.

She doesn’t like long drives (unless it’s a “social” event) so when the kids leave for college, I’m the one the drives them to and from the airport. 

I have never forgotten her birthday or our wedding anniversary.  24 year old daughter has put herself thru college and is serving the Peace Corps in West Africa.  21 year old Son is majoring in Christian ministries and is also putting himself thru college.

I come home straight from work (40 – 45 hours a week).  I don’t stop at bars, drink, smoke, cuss, swear, or chase women.  I put my dirty laundry in the basket, pick up after myself, clear the supper table, make the bed and on Saturday’s throw down the dirty laundry.  If she has another “social” event she’ll mark the laundry piles with notes so I know how she wants it washed (cold – cold, hot – warm), dried and folded.

She has never expressed any interest in my jobs, promotions or hobbies unless she wanted more money.

Now she tells me I’m boring and if I’m not at work I’m home.  She tells me that I need to get some outside interests.  So the son and I join SASS.  I go to the shoots alone when the son is in college.  Two months in advance ask the wife if “our” social calendar is free so I can sign up for my first two day shoot.  It is so in went my application and money!  I had a blast on Saturday.  Best times ever.  Got home and the wife informs me that Sunday “we” have commitments I need to drive her, so I missed Sunday’s final stages.

Now if’n you are thinking that I henpecked then you don’t know me very well.  It’s just that even after 33 years of marriage she’s still the gleam in my eye and the love of my life.
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com