East Coast Happenings

Started by Diane Amberg, March 22, 2013, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Al is back home...all clear! Good for another three months. He is very uncomfortable, says it feels like a hot poker has been shoved up there. They took more fluid after a chemical wash to see if there are any wandering cancer cells, but I don't think the doc expects to find any.
I was reading about the particulars on the bond failing. Poor ol' Ross is in hog heaven... even bragging about how he shamed the school board.
I wonder what will happen now? Based on my own personal experience those portables should be OK for a number of years yet.Surely they were built better than the one I was in and it lasted for many years. Are the teachers OK with them or not? Our portables didn't even have covered walk ways ..and not one student or teacher melted in the rain. One of our other schools was getting squeezed, so they made the library into classrooms and added a portable, with a covered walkway, for the library.I know I'm here not there, but solutions are solutions no matter where they are, even when ya have to deal with stubborn mules .

Wilma

My personal informant tells me that the library has already been divided and converted to include other activities.  I think one of the activities is a class room.  Maybe the reason the school board can't get what they want is that they are not letting the public know the actual conditions at the school.  At least, the only thing I hear about it is from one of the employees.

Diane Amberg

It sounds like better information should be forthcoming and some decent compromises are needed.One thing is for sure.Things will be even more expensive next year.I know there was some upset over the playing field dirt.Why didn't some one look over the contract thoroughly..perhaps .even the lawyer.One cannot leave that kind of thing to chance. There must be specific details. Been there,done that. I know it's really none of my business, but that was sloppy and could have been easily avoided.

Diane Amberg

I just took a break from clearing out the upstairs bathroom for the workmen tomorrow. I guess nobody can call me an elite snob after waiting 25 years to do a change up.  ;) Even at that it's very simple, nothing fancy at all.
Hey Cat, I did write a new Haiku over in the poem section that Boss Ross had to say something hurtful about. He never misses a chance. ...a shame....suggesting we couldn't find the poetry section. HA!
    I went back for entertainment value and reread his latest flailing around. He is genuinely troubled.
He would be lousy on the ambulance, where  life threatening emergencies can be complicated by the overdoing of sympathy. It can cause loss of concentration and consequent loss of the ability to function properly and do ones job.

There is a lot of difference between caring for a child's broken wrist or caring for a person who just lost both legs from being hit by a car, or taking a SIDS baby from a parent's arms. Sometimes one has to turn off the sympathy and be objective or the person could die. We must also never let our own history enter into the situation. Bypass the compassion for now and start the CPR!
Oh, by the way Ross, since I'm sure you will read this. Delaware State EMT instructors must be either Nationally Certified EMTs, Paramedics, Emergency Nurses, or Medical Doctors.  But of course, since Ross knows "something" he knows all. I still don't know what "organizations", he was frantic about, nor what it had to do with me. He is apparently one unhappy dude with no sunshine in his life. Ross, why don't you sign up for a local CERT class. I think you would enjoy it and it really has redeeming qualities. Back to the upstairs.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 19, 2014, 12:09:38 PM
It sounds like better information should be forthcoming and some decent compromises are needed.One thing is for sure.Things will be even more expensive next year.I know there was some upset over the playing field dirt.Why didn't some one look over the contract thoroughly..perhaps .even the lawyer.One cannot leave that kind of thing to chance. There must be specific details. Been there,done that. , but that was sloppy and could have been easily avoided.

Don't pay attention whenyou are reading the political section, specifically the http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.6110.html the  Topic: Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25 where political School Board meetings have been discussed.
THERE WAS NO CONTRACT FOR THAT $7000.00 JOB ! Comprehend? Sneaky political remarks from lack of knowledge in the Coffee Shop Section is just rediculous.

I agree with you on what you said 100% aint that a switch, I'm quoting what I agree with you on right here so you will not be corn fused. Diane you said, "I know it's really none of my business". Right on! It has no effect on people in Delaware does it?

More on that political sneakyness in a little while, Okay ---OK.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 22, 2014, 10:35:33 AM
I just took a break from clearing out the upstairs bathroom for the workmen tomorrow. I guess nobody can call me an elite snob after waiting 25 years to do a change up.  ;) Even at that it's very simple, nothing fancy at all.
Hey Cat, I did write a new Haiku over in the poem section that Boss Ross had to say something hurtful about. He never misses a chance. ...a shame....suggesting we couldn't find the poetry section. HA!
    I went back for entertainment value and reread his latest flailing around. He is genuinely troubled.
He would be lousy on the ambulance, where  life threatening emergencies can be complicated by the overdoing of sympathy. It can cause loss of concentration and consequent loss of the ability to function properly and do ones job.

There is a lot of difference between caring for a child's broken wrist or caring for a person who just lost both legs from being hit by a car, or taking a SIDS baby from a parent's arms. Sometimes one has to turn off the sympathy and be objective or the person could die. We must also never let our own history enter into the situation. Bypass the compassion for now and start the CPR!
Oh, by the way Ross, since I'm sure you will read this. Delaware State EMT instructors must be either Nationally Certified EMTs, Paramedics, Emergency Nurses, or Medical Doctors.  But of course, since Ross knows "something" he knows all. I still don't know what "organizations", he was frantic about, nor what it had to do with me. He is apparently one unhappy dude with no sunshine in his life. Ross, why don't you sign up for a local CERT class. I think you would enjoy it and it really has redeeming qualities. Back to the upstairs.

I'll be carrying this back to the Political thread "Common Core Education And More About Federal Government Control" at http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,15765.160.html  where it belongs. Just because you choose to twist word about lacking compassion concerning poor people and their children attending school to something changes nothing. Diane, don't you realize that twisting words is simply the same as lying? And it is not nice!

And Diane there is a difference between
Sympathy and Compassion!
But fear not
I don't believe you will be accused
Of either.

Does that qualify as a Japanese Haiku ? LOL

Oh I like that, Boss Ross idea of yours Diane, but I retired from that and don't plan to do it again, Thank You.
I have told you in about a boss's poem about me, in a previous post I do believe, but since you like poetry so much, I'll repeat it for just for you.

He use to love to say:

Here come Ross
The Boss
On the
Fautin' Hoss.

He had a college education too! Ain't that sweet!

Don't forget to visit the thread "Common Core Education And More About Federal Government Control" at http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,15765.160.html  where it belongs. Do it later today or possibly Tomorrow. This post of yours actually belongs there in an untwisted form.
I will definitely try to put some truth to it, Okay ---Ok.

Just to give you peace of mind Diane, don't worry about getting confused with being an elite, I doubt that will ever happen. LOL :o

Diane Amberg

Well, well, look who showed up. I wish I could catch trout that easily.
Nowhere does it state that folks here can only have opinions on things that directly affect them. If that were the case most of you would have to get off some threads. How about if it were suggested that only people who have military family members in the middle east can have opinions on the war? I don't think that would last long.
Many who were on here have gone because they got tired of the personal attacks, even to others besides themselves, which of course lead to defensive attacks by people who who eventually get/got a belly full. How do I know? They told me!
Reasonably intelligent civilized open minded people can debate different sides of an issue with out malice or resorting to unfair putdowns, which may cause back draft for someone who is tired of being insulted.
Teacher and EMT, Paramedic and school board qualifications, standards for graduation, and many such things have nothing to do with you. You can have an opinion, of course, but so can I.
I have no influence in the writing of the newspapers and magazines I read every day and it really makes me smoke when I see terrible grammar and misspellings. They are meant to be written by professionals and I don't like paying for errors, I don't care how many computer programs they have. But there is little I can do about it. Again with threats to move my post. NO! You don't have my permission to do that....and that thing you wrote is not hiaku. More with the mean opinions of me? I do not deserve that. 

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 18, 2014, 11:54:24 AM
Al is back home...all clear! Good for another three months. He is very uncomfortable, says it feels like a hot poker has been shoved up there. They took more fluid after a chemical wash to see if there are any wandering cancer cells, but I don't think the doc expects to find any.
I was reading about the particulars on the bond failing. Poor ol' Ross is in hog heaven... even bragging about how he shamed the school board.
I wonder what will happen now? Based on my own personal experience those portables should be OK for a number of years yet.Surely they were built better than the one I was in and it lasted for many years. Are the teachers OK with them or not? Our portables didn't even have covered walk ways ..and not one student or teacher melted in the rain. One of our other schools was getting squeezed, so they made the library into classrooms and added a portable, with a covered walkway, for the library.I know I'm here not there, but solutions are solutions no matter where they are, even when ya have to deal with stubborn mules .

More Elk County Politics in the Coffee Shop, wow Diane you are amazing.
And bragging I do not do, I only provide the facts and my opinion.
Unlike you ,I Don't ask anyone to believe anything I say.
I infact ask them not to, but to talk about the subject and make up their own mind.

And so far I have failed to shame the School Board and I am beginning to believe they have no shame or dignity or class or understand decorum and Roberts Rule of Order.

But of course you would not understand because you are unable to attend School Board meetings in Elk County, Kansas. Right? Right!

You were not at this months School Board in Elk County, Kansas were you? School Board .

You didn't get to see the School Board President nearly have a melt down and his near temper tantrum did you?

You didn't get to hear the School Board President say
he did not care how pissed off voters get
about another School Bond issue he wants in November. That is just five months after the Bond issue has failed for the second time. Must be that college education getting in the way of common sense, don't ya reckon ?

So you must have read they wanted to build eight brick and mortar class rooms so they could dispose of the $500,000 worth of eight portable class rooms we recently paid for. Where is the gain in class rooms ? There is no gain only loss and debt ! The class rooms were simply used as an excuse to build a new gymnasium for the School Board Presidents children. He even said during a School Board Meeting his children would be forced to grow up and do without. Such a shame the voters just don't understand the needs of his children isn't it?

Doesn't your personal informant or spy do a good job and let you know this important stuff.  Or don't they attend School Board Meetings?

Diane maybe you could desert Delaware and move to Elk County, Kansas and register to vote and pay property taxes and above attend the School Board Meetings with me.
What fun we could have. Come on down to Elk County, Kansas, it's a great place to live.

You do know this belongs in the Political Section don't you?

Of course you do, how dumb of me to mention it.

You gotta a college education,
my bad!

You have ot shown one single solution for problems in Elk County,  Kansas. My bet is you can not find a single solution for local problems in Delaware, forget Kansas.

TTFN

Diane Amberg

Good grief! If there is anyone left on earth who doesn't know about your person attitude toward the school board, the bond issue, the County Commisioners and Elk Konnected, please step forward. Ross would like to indoctriate you. Don't think for yourself, he'll do it for everyone and then confuse things by saying not to believe a word he says....that's a good choice.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 23, 2014, 09:08:09 AM

Reasonably intelligent civilized open minded people can debate different sides of an issue with out malice or resorting to unfair putdowns, which may cause back draft for someone who is tired of being insulted.

It's a shame you don't practice what you preach.
You can run to a different thread with your politics all twisted and bad mouth me, really fine and intellegent of you to believe you don't deserve the same.

What happened to that ignore thingy is it still failing you. Or don't you comprehend how it works?
Ya just can't stand it can you?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 22, 2014, 10:35:33 AM

And you brought the politics to the Coffee Shop, didn't you?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 23, 2014, 09:08:09 AM
  More with the mean opinions of me? I do not deserve that.

Yes you do, you actually earn every bit of it. And you keep coming back asking for more. It must be that college education getting in the way of common sense. You see, when you started on meou didn't the same kind of response. And you can not seem to comprehend that if you stop it all stops.  You can not use your education properly to bully me, now can you?  Check your next post quoted at the bottom of this post and repeat what just said here? ROFLMAO.  Sorry, My edumaction is slippin"! Paleeese refresher me !

Remember that ignore thing you said you started. Excellent tool for someone in Delaware don't you think?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 23, 2014, 09:34:20 AM
Good grief! If there is anyone left on earth who doesn't know about your person attitude toward the school board, the bond issue, the County Commisioners and Elk Konnected, please step forward. Ross would like to indoctriate you. Don't think for yourself, he'll do it for everyone and then confuse things by saying not to believe a word he says....that's a good choice.

Why do you keep going there Diane?
Why do you keep bring up the subject from thread to thread?
If you can't handle the heat, why don't you stay out of the kitchen?
It's all politics and you can't handle the truth.
Leave politics on the Politics thread and I won't have to chase down our insults of me. LOL
Besides, it's local politics here in Kansas, Ms. Delaware.
Humm, so ya'all call it indoctrination up there in Delaware, interesting!
What do ya'all call Obama Common Core up there in Delaware?
What do you call it when teachers don't believe, there is room for improvement
in Educational Standards up there in Delaware?

What do you call it when some one claims to have solutions to problems far, far away but doesn't present them? Way up up there in Delaware?

My, oh my what a mess of conundrums? ROFLMAO.

nEXT

I may be crazy but I'm not insane!
I may be a smatass, but I an't no dumbass!

Love ya Diane, you are so much fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk