Author Topic: Winchester 1892  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Capt, Woodrow F. Call

• Vice President of SWS Norway.
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Grenland Gunslingers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Winchester 1892
« on: December 11, 2007, 05:58:08 AM »
Howdy.

I have two 1892 Winchester, the one on the left is complete 32.20 cal, with saddlering, this otherone on the rigth is not finish yet.
but the one how is complete, ...back on the frame, that says 1892 mod, but it was made in 1913, after the serial nr, in Winchester factory.
This otherone it says 1884/92 mod, stamped in on the frame, i have check it out, and it was made in 1892, but they are identical.

This older winchester is missing allot of parts, like barrel and forend, sigth with severel screws. this is allso a 32-20 cal frame.
( the barrel you see on the rigth rifle, is a 32-40 cal, someone has cut it down so it can fit 32-20 shell's, but the it dont fit at all) :P stupid choice of the prevous owner :-[

Is this older rifle more worth( on the rigth), than my other one (left)  ??? do anyone now the worth of this winchesters.
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Winchester 1892
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »
Howdy

It is impossible to accurately fix a value on a rifle unless the appraiser can physically examine it himself. There are always reference books that attempt to peg the general value of any model, Flayderman's comes to mind, but actual value will vary and local demand can often play a part.

Very generally speaking though, a complete gun will have more value than an incomplete one, and a gun that contains all original parts will usually be worth more than a similar one made up of parts from several different guns.
That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

Offline Capt, Woodrow F. Call

• Vice President of SWS Norway.
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Grenland Gunslingers
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 06:08:50 AM »
Howdy Driftwood Johnson.

Thank you for your answer, yes it can be to diffecould without physically examination.
this one how is complete is nr like, and it is in good use condition, nothing is broken, and the parts is good and tigth, no loose or bad parts. I have used it in competitions here back home, and it is wonderful to shoot with.
I have looked around internet, and it seems to me, that the prices is from 400$ to far over 1000$...............like you said, it most be examinate before the value can be sat. :D
This other one i have how is not complete, is for sale, so for me a horse-trade is ok....(very ..very cheap) :D.
If you are interessed to build up one 92 mod 32-20 cal, send me a PM. :)

by the way, what is the law for antiq guns, what year is it for rifles in US, ....here in Norway, 1880 and older is registration-free :)

Thank you so much

BR
Capt Call.
SWS # 1014
Grenland Gunslingers # 0001
Cowboy Mounted Shooters Norway #005
'The Cowboys' Trail Riding Society of Telemark 2009. # 003
Member of The Chuckwagon society, Sweden.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:25:37 PM »

Offline Driftwood Johnson

• Driftwood Johnson
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
Any firearm with a frame or receiver that was made before Jan. 1, 1899 is legally "antique" and not considered a "firearm" under US Federal law. This refers to the actual date of manufacture of the receiver/frame, not just model year or patent date marked. However different states may define antiques differently than the Federal government.

That’s bad business! How long do you think I’d stay in operation if it cost me money every time I pulled a job? If he’d pay me that much to stop robbing him, I’d stop robbing him.

Ya probably inherited every penny ya got!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com