Author Topic: NEW Pocket Pistol is now in my hands  (Read 9825 times)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
NEW Pocket Pistol is now in my hands
« on: November 18, 2004, 03:42:37 PM »
Walt Kirst aka Sam'l Remington has really went and done it again. Thanks to his wizardry I now have a brand NEW Remington spur trigger pocket pistol with a Kirst Konverter cylinder.

Yes, I have shot it, and it's a hoot. Cotton picken' lil gun will easily fit on my right hand with nothin' hangin' off the edges. Talk about cute! This is exactly the Pocket Pistol I've been wanting since I joined SASS.

The thing I like about the lil Rem is that it's well made and all NEW. It's not some old piece of junk that could blow my hand off or eyes out. It's made in Italy and the Kirst Konverter comes from Sam'l Remington. We all know what a straight shooter he is.

I don't know if this NEW Kirst Konverter is even on his web site yet, but if yer wantin' a fine NEW pocket pistol, this is the one for you. BTW, she looks proper for the era too, bein' a baby front stuffer and all.

Ya load her up jest like the bigger Kirst Konverter cylinders. She takes .32 S&W. I load the 32 S&W with a 115 grain bullet over 3-1/2 grains of FFFg. That seems like an awfull lite load, but she splits pine boards easily.

I'm not in the know, but if ol John Boy is out there, or PD, maybe ya kin help me get some photos of the baby Remington put here on TFS.

I'm a happy shooter.

DD-DLoS
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: NEW Pocket Pistol is now in my hands
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 04:22:57 PM »
That sounds great. Can I shoot it sometime?  ;D

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 05:34:55 PM »
Yup Slim,

Just don't go tryin' to use it for no long range knockdowns. . . ;D

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:22:29 AM »

Offline Augustus McCrae

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 07:41:08 PM »
 Congrats on your acquisiton,  Do you press your own shells or can ya buy'em over the counter?

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 04:42:07 AM »
Howdy DD,

I assume your new piece is a steel frame. Who dunnit?

And congratulations from a slightly envious ST (who only has a nickeled brass frame version and lives in a country where converting a percussion gun to cartridge is a no no).

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004, 09:55:19 AM »
The little spur trigger Remington .31 came from Cabelas.  It ran $189 plus tax and shipping.  The gun is all steel except for walnut grips.  I may replace them with mother of pearl.

The little five shot Kirst Konverter cylinder chambers 32 S&W.  Although I haven't shot any factory ammo in it, I think it would handle it quite well.  I load my own black powder 32 S&W ammo with a compressed, 3.5g, load of FFFg under a 115 grain LEE cast dead soft lead bullet.

The gun hits high.  That's probably because the load is so soft and the barrel has time to rise before the bullet exits.  In a pocket pistol, I don't consider that a disadvantage since marksmanship and knockdowns aren't what it's for anyway.

This gun fills my requirement for a NEW safe pocket pistol.  It is readily available.  It is good quality.  It is SASS legal.  I can buy it direct and don't need to have a FFL.

So, for those looking for a SASS legal pocket pistol of KNOWN quality, here's a good looking one that is available and safe to shoot.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Lucky Deuce

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »
Oh man am I green with envy...  A steel Frame .31 is my next purchase.  I already have a gold plated brass frame.  Where did you get the conversion????  I looked all over and didn't find any info on it.  Man I gotta have one...

What type of ammo do you use in it?  I figure I will load with BP since every other gun I shoot in SASS is BP.  

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 01:12:37 PM »
DD,

Give that thing a complete wringing out, take pictures & notes, then sit down and write up an artical and submit it to The Chronical. Sounds like something we would all enjoy reading about!!!! 8)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004, 03:00:44 PM »
Afternoon Lucky and Cuts,

Walt Kirst makes the very fine fitting Konvirsion cylinder.  Here's his URL.. . .

http://www.kirstkonverter.com/index.html

The little Remington Konverter cylinder isn't listed yet, but Walt can be reached by email and he has some in stock now.  I wouldn't wait around tho.  Here's his email address. . .

Walt Kirst <kirstkonverter@usfamily.net>

I  am taking photos now and working up an article.  FWIW, I had mentioned this on the SASS wire and it got pulled pronto.  Maybe I was hawking Walts' product to obviously.

I  got a set of LEE carbide dies and load up 32 S&W for it.  No problems loading or shooting.

Hope this helps.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Mule Clanton

• Doc
  • Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2004, 08:15:49 AM »
 ??? Dick I was in the same frame of mind when I ordered a Rem Pocket Pistol from Cabela's last month.  What a disasater, the gun was totally locked up and couldn't even be disassembled and I wasn't about to try as it appeared someone else tried. There were tool marks all over down into the steel frame---so it went back.  Cabela's must have though I was deserving and even refunded my return shipping charges. I will watch for your evaluation and then make another decision. I saw two of these at there Hamburg PA store last week and they were ingood shape---but I was still leary. ::)
"Fair Dinkum & Good On You"
Postulant at the Shrine of the Holy Black
NRA LIFE~SASS~SCORRS~DARKSIDER
PGK~PFN

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
Howdy Mule,

My lil gun did need a bit of slicking up, and a new main spring.  It's no work of high machine art.  I'm used to Ruger firearms and they are like silk compared to the sandpaper of the imports.

The new Kirst Konverter cylinder fits and functions great.  I'll be posting more after it has a few matches behind it.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 09:15:22 PM »
I have a sad announcement to make.

Sam'l Remington says that the Kirst Konverter for the lil 31 Cal Rem spur trigger gun may be a thing of the past. He made 20 of 'em as an initial run and says that the Italian guns require too much work before the new cylinder will "drop in".

This custom fitting, for each gun, makes it impractical to offer this item. Only if the folks manufacturing the gun tighten up their quality control can the Kirst Konverter cylinder work properly.

I have one of the 20. I wouldn't part with it. The gun shoots great, functions smoothly and is very precise. It did have some custom work to make the new cylinder fit and work right. If you add the price of the gun, Kirst Konverter cylinder and the custom fitting, the gun gets way too spendy to attract a large clientelle. So, it's probably not going to be available after the first 20 are sold.

They can be found for sale, if any are left, at River City Junction Trading Co.

I am happy to say that the Kirist Konverter drop in cylinder line will continue to be offered for all the other previous models. Only the lil Rem will be dropped the way it looks now.

Too bad. This is a great little pocket pistol.

DD-DLoS
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline T.J. McSuds

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 04:31:16 AM »
 Well, DIRTY DRAWERS!!

I just ordered my .31 yesterday.
T.J. McSuds
 Double Duelist Darksider, Warthog, BOLD, SBSS, NRA, IDPA.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com