Author Topic: new project photos  (Read 7656 times)

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
new project photos
« on: January 23, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
So far the sight track mold is not working so must go back to the maker for alterations.   I made an altered pattern to do this first 1911 without a sight track.  This is fifteen oz of leather and there is no metal in this one.  The bends were created by drying with a heat gun, will watch to see how long they hold.  Except for joint problems flareing back up in the hands from all the knife work this was actually an easy to do example.  Forgive the poor photos and remember this is an unfinished project in progress.  Views are to show how it looks, as worn, but the true fifteen degree cant may not look right on the light wt 1 2/2" belt.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: new project photos
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
Two more.

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 12:54:16 PM »
Looking good Bob, it's coming together for sure, cant wait to see the finished product. ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:36:25 AM »

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:56:08 PM »
I really hate it when someone is looking over my shoulder while I work!!

Offline Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Live To Fight Another Day
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »

Ha Ha, ;D some one has to keep an eye on you don't ya know

tEN ;D :D ;D ;D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

Well get use too it ... there is going to be a crowd.  ;D

Looking good Bob!!

When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline KidTerico

• kidterico
  • Top Active Citizen
  • I,m to small to turn the other cheek.
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 01:32:16 PM »
TW Bobs a good man but you keep him honest. KT ;) ;D ;D
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 05:12:11 PM »
Not cowboy but that is the wifes two passions, kayaking and wood carving.  She is mad at me now for not taking her paddling last Saturday morning.  Guys, the low was in the upper twenties and I am not even close to that number anymore!  BRRR 

I am very satisfied with this pattern but will probably not finish this halster fer a spell.  The pattern I was working on today turned into a sewing machine nightmare.  Perhaps yall can give me some advice on it when  I take photos of it.

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »
Guys, when the wife looked at her bear carving on this thread she thinks I didn't do a good job of wording my bear post.  The post was supposed to show that the bear was looking over my shoulders while I work, not a Wolf, just in case yall are reading it the way she does?  By the way, she says her bear is adorable but the holster stinks!  Hope to take pictures of the goof up holster later today.

Offline GunClick Rick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Scudders all of yas~
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
HEY! I want a carving.... :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 06:59:53 AM »
OH no Rick, I will never be able to live wih her now!  Actually you should see my cowboy wood carvings, they were done by some really talented carving friends. 

Guys, I know some of you guys are really talented thinkers so give me a hint for an easy add add safety strap for this holster.  The originals had the strap attached under the middle screw, between the skirt and holster body, and simply became a hammer catch made from rubber.  Rubber should be out for western holsters and a leather copy would not have the stretch needed.  A leg tie down can be added easily, as was on the originals, should this much drop without a metal liner call for such but adding an easily made removable hammer safety thong/strap is stumping me.

Dang camera battery up and died on me late yestiddy and I did not get the pictures of the mutilated one.  The batterys should be charged by now and I will try to get those pictures shortly, with emphasis on the sewing problems, and post later.   This second holster is a real high ride and would actually suit me better as I am more used to a Slim Jim style carry anyway.   

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 130
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
Bob,

Unless you are going to demonstrate a "tuck and roll" (IPSC), what do you want a safety strap for???  You have enough holster, the gun isn't going to come out when you move.

I. Still. Want. One!!!!  ;D

Coffinmaker

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »
Didn't I send my number?

Offline Slowhand Bob

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »
While still waiting for the reworked sight track mould to come back I finished off this proto and designed a new pouch also.  The pouch is as good a fit as I could ask for, with no tension on the screws a mag will free fall out.  I still have two or three more pouch ideas I want to make over the next few days, if the wife allows!  I told the guys over on the SASS side that I call this color BPY for baby poop yellow!  By the way, the holster is a cracker jack but on use and time will tell if those hot set bends will hold?

Offline lonedog

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »
Well pards I am now the proud owner of this holster and let me tell y'all it is one james dandy! I rustled up a belt with shell loops out of my war bag that was the ideal width and matched the color well. I just love this holster. It is retro and modern all at the same time. So far I don't see that it needs a safety strap or a thong. I predict Bob can sell as many of these as his arthritic fingers can make.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com