Author Topic: The Illusive Schneider and Glassick.  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
The Illusive Schneider and Glassick.
« on: August 13, 2011, 01:36:59 PM »
While going through some old reference materials of mine, I ran across the attached article from an old Arms Gazette magazine that was a reprint of the brochure included with the Schneider and Glassick Commemorative revolvers made by High Standard.

Enjoy.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Illusive Schneider and Glassick.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 02:12:54 PM »
Fingers,
Were the High Standard guns steel or brass framed?
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »
Fingers,
Were the High Standard guns steel or brass framed?
High standard made four different commemoratives.  The Leech and Rigdon - steel frame, round barrel; Griswold and Gunnison - brass frame, round barrel; Bicentennial model - a Leech and Rigdon with nickel plated frame and engraving; and the Schneider and Glassick that the article is about - brass frame, octagonal barrel.  The Bicentennial could be had in a pine case with powder flask & silver dollar sized medalion; or in a leatherette case with Bicentennial belt buckle.  The G&G came as just the revolver or in a pine presentation case with a belt plate depicting the GA state seal.  The L&R came as just the revolver, or in a commemorative gun case with a Civil War belt buckle replica.  The S&G only came in a presentation case with a reproduction of the D guard Bowie.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:47:45 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com