MC GOWN, Douglas E. - b. October 25, 1957 - d. April 4, 2010

Started by Dignified Redneck, April 04, 2010, 07:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dignified Redneck

Douglas E. McGown, age 52, of Mound City, Kansas, died Friday, April 2, 2010 at Overland Park Regional Medical Center in Overland Park, Kansas.  He was born on October 25, 1957 at Ft. Scott, Kansas, the son of Gilbert and Carolyn (Peery) McGown.

He graduated from Jayhawk Linn High School in 1975.  He married Rhonda Signer on March 20, 1982.  He worked as a drilling contractor, owning and operating McGown Drilling.  Doug enjoyed flying and had his private plot's license and IFR rating.

He is survived by his mother,Carolyn McGown of Yates Center, Kansas; his wife, Rhonda, of the home; one son, Christopher McGown, and three daughters, Alisha Rogers and Tom, Taylor and Jessie McGown, all of Mound City, Kansas; one sister, Lori Mueller and Mark of Hiawatha, Kansas; and two grandsons, Rylan and Dylan Rogers.  He was preceded in death by his father, Gib.

Memorial funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at the McGown family home, 13683 W. 750 Road, Mound City, Kansas.  The family suggests contributions to the Doug McGown Memorial Fund.  Arrangements are by Coffel-Schnieder Funeral Home, 319 W Chestnut Street, Mound City, Kansas 66056.

(taken from the Coffel-Schnieder Funeral Home website)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going out on a limb here, but my dear friend and a participant in the Elk Co Forum lost her husband last Friday.  Rhonda Signer McGown was raised in Howard, her father Don Signer was the Farm Bureau Agent for many years, and her mother's maiden name is Sue DeWitt.  Her brother Danny Signer has the auto repair shop in Howard. Rhonda graduated from West Elk High School and worked at Toot's, West's Food Market and the Elk County Farm Bureau Agency when Steve Kill was the agent. That's where I met her, and I've been blessed with a warm loving friend through thick & thin ever since. I just thought that those back in Elk County that think as much of her as I do would like to send their condolences. I didn't ask Rhonda's approval so I may be in trouble, but I think it's worth the risk. I talked to her yesterday and she's doing ok. Doug's illness came fast and he didn't have to suffer. She has the kids and her mom and her siblings with her this weekend.  Deb Garison

Age & treachery will outlast youth & skill any time !!!!!!!!!!

patyrn

Thanks for posting this sad news, Deb.  I know there are many people in the area who remember
Rhonda growing up in Howard.  Her other brother, Tony, is the funeral director with Countryside and Zimmerman Funeral Homes.

Jo McDonald

That is such a sad, sad thing to read.  Rhonda and our Sherri were very close friends, as were her Mother, Sue, and I.
Our deepest sympathy to her and her family.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk