Brrrr II

Started by W. Gray, December 08, 2009, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Our thermometer is currently on 6. The furnace is on overtime.

We are expecting to get down to -15 tonight.

The dog says "no way am I going out there now, let alone later tonight."
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Please do not share that with us! That's cold! : :PP

Sarah

Tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to get a north wind with 40 + mph winds with it.  Eeeeks!!  I really feel sorry for my poor horse.  Wish we had stalls right now.

W. Gray

Last night at -10 degrees, I used two 2X4s to wedge the dog out the door.

Then to show him, I was feeling his pain, I went out with him.

The snow on the ground was a rarity. No water, just crunchy fluff and the four or five inches could be removed with a broom.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

sixdogsmom

Here in Moline, the trips outside for the dogs have been on an emergency basis only. And I stand by the door to admit all the little dogsicles as they arrive on the doorstep. Lady, the Whippet gets cold very easily and really shivers when she comes in. The smaller ones head for the entry hall where there are two heating ducts in the floor that they lay on. Tomcat just went out on a big safari; he is so bored from being cooped up in the house. He will be in after while, empty from the toes up and will inhale an entire can of food and more if he can wangle it. Then he will sleep the rest of the day until a hunger pang awakens the poor baby. Such a life!  :)
Edie

Judy Harder

I laughed at your cat.........sounds like one of mine to a t.

I miss my  cat.......but there are so many here in neighbor hood that I can get a taste of cats...yes I feed them when
they come calling and let them out when they are through.

My Scooter dog.......fox terrier, if I allow it, likes to eat any and everything that doesn't eat him first.......and since we are suppose to have a leash law here in Longton....doesn't run loose unless some visitor stands in the door and holds it open and when that happens, Scooter darts through our legs and becomes very hard of hearing.

Now in the apartment he hears me whisper to Sassy, Yorkie Mix, and comes checking out if she is getting something he can't have.

Like a child if one gets it the other MUST have it too......even if it is a nasty tasting pill.....or nothing at all.

I put a leash with 2 hooks on Scooter and he takes Sassy out to do their jobs and then they hurry back. Yes, I must walk them out and then go get them when done........but that way I know where they are and they come back ready to get comfy again.
Keeps me from too much boredom and if we must feel sorry for anyone......remember the people who Must work out in this and the animals that don't have a nest or a person who cares for them.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

giester2

we are a warm 50 degrees here in houston and my dog acts like I am making her go out in antarctica...but last friday we did get about 2-3 inches of snow and she absolutely loved it... 8)
Born in Texas with Kansan Blood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk