WEST ELK VOTERS SAY A FIRM "NO" ON TUESDAY

Started by Rudy Taylor, November 03, 2009, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

You know you two....there is this wonderful thing on here called an "ignore list" if you hate each other so much.   :P

Patriot

Naaaa.. I'm not sure it's hate, Sarah.... I think it's called protected speech and political discourse.  LOL
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Varmit

With school finance, if we need 1.5 million dollars to do repairs on one of the elementary school, the only way we can get that money is through the Local Option Budget (LOB). -L.Hendricks

Any math teachers out there correct me if I am wrong but...

$1,500,000 / 375 taxpaying "yes" voters = $4000 a piece

Roof is fixed, smiles all around, and is cheaper than the bond.  Unless I am totally off.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Heck.. Even I would consider tossing a hundred in that pot, Varmit!  (Civic mindedness, ya know!)

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 10:21:31 PM
With school finance, if we need 1.5 million dollars to do repairs on one of the elementary school, the only way we can get that money is through the Local Option Budget (LOB). -L.Hendricks

Any math teachers out there correct me if I am wrong but...

$1,500,000 / 375 taxpaying "yes" voters = $4000 a piece

Roof is fixed, smiles all around, and is cheaper than the bond.  Unless I am totally off.
Heck thats cheaper than homeschooling.  :)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

I don't have much money to throw in but I can swing a hammer and would volunteer to work.  Anybody out there know how to fix a freakin roof?  Maybe put up some insulation or whatever else needs to be done? 

My point is I think that there are alot of resources in the county that have not been checked into as a means of saving on repair costs. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 10:33:41 PM
I don't have much money to throw in but I can swing a hammer and would volunteer to work.  Anybody out there know how to fix a freakin roof?  Maybe put up some insulation or whatever else needs to be done? 

My point is I think that there are alot of resources in the county that have not been checked into as a means of saving on repair costs. 

Outstanding perspective!  Self reliance (both on the personal and community levels) need to make a comeback.  If I'm not mistaken, that's how the park behind Twilight Manor in Howard got done.  And a find product it appears to be!

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 10:33:41 PM

I'd put in some volenteer time and I don't even have any kids!

flintauqua

You all are just pathetic.  You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.  You just get on here and congratulate each other for once again stopping any and all progress towards a solution that has been needed for decades.  That's the problem with Elk County, all you regressive, uber-right quasi-anarchist Reationaries.

Did you ever think to go to a school board meeting before the bond election? No!

Did you ever think about going to the courthouse and setting in on a Commissioners meeting to see where the money goes?  No!

Have you ever gone to Topeka and set in the balcony and watch the Legislature in action, and then go talk to your representative about where the money goes?  No!

Have you ever served as a legistative intern, and watched from the inside what goes into the job of representing anal retentive butt-wipes like you?  Again, No!

So yeah for you.  You can all gather round the burning cross and sing the praises of Nathan Bedford Forrest, you have once again saved this county and this great nation from the evil of progress!

Goodbye, and Good Riddance.

srkruzich

Thou shalt not take the name of  The great Civil War leader, Nathan Bedford Forrest In vain!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk