Tax Time.

Started by Varmit, November 03, 2009, 08:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I thought I would start this thread here because I felt more people would see it.  If need be it can be moved to the politics section.

I was wondering if anyone elses property taxes jumped $200. this year?  Mine did.  Now if there was marked improvments throughout the county I could possibly understand, however, I haven't seen any improvements to speak of.  Frankly, this just ticks me off. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Patriot

Ours went up a chunk both last year *and* this year.  When the appraiser was out taking pictures of our place a month ago, my wife was told we could expect a 'substantial' increase next year as well.  Gee... all this and a school bond issue.  Living in Elk county is gettin mighty expensive.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

D Whetstone

Sarah

Ours darn near doubled.  I about fell out of my chair when I saw it.  And we haven't done anything, built anything or added on to anything.  Needless to say we are not happy campers at this time.

Sarah

Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2009, 08:10:41 PM
Ours went up a chunk both last year *and* this year.  When the appraiser was out taking pictures of our place a month ago, my wife was told we could expect a 'substantial' increase next year as well.  Gee... all this and a school bond issue.  Living in Elk county is gettin mighty expensive.

Yeah it is and we're starting to seriously talk about whether or not we need to sell our house and move else where. 

Varmit

Sarah, you aren't the only ones.  I am still at a loss to explain the increase.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 08:03:06 PM
I thought I would start this thread here because I felt more people would see it.  If need be it can be moved to the politics section.

I was wondering if anyone elses property taxes jumped $200. this year?  Mine did.  Now if there was marked improvments throughout the county I could possibly understand, however, I haven't seen any improvements to speak of.  Frankly, this just ticks me off. 
Bend right over, and spread em wide cause your going to get it again once this school tax gets passed.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 08:32:32 PM

Largess
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarah

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 08:32:32 PM

I have to admit we're in a straight up panic on how we're going to pay it.  One month to come up with twice the amount we were expecting.  We were literally in shock.  And we have a little tiny house.  Nothing special and just a little bit of land with a shed.  shrug  I know the appraiser came out and took pictures back in June or so, but he didn't say anything about the taxes going up.  We were hoping to add on to our house, but forget that idea.  It would put our property tax out of reach of what we can afford so we're thinking about moving some place else.  I guess we'll see.  sigh

Patriot

Quote from: Sarah on November 03, 2009, 08:25:35 PM
Ours darn near doubled.  I about fell out of my chair when I saw it.  And we haven't done anything, built anything or added on to anything.  Needless to say we are not happy campers at this time.

Well... now surely you did something to improve your place... like cut the grass?  That's a reason to increase property taxes isn't it?   ;D
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk