What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Snow,ice or both?Do you still have electricity?Thinking of all of you.

Wilma

Rain, snow, freezing and a north wind.  Our electic blinked on and off several times early this morning, but is all right now.  There is some of Greenwood County that is without, though.  Right now it is melting fast.  A lot of small tree limbs have come down, but this is nature's way of trimming the trees.

Diane Amberg

Yes, and then they all have to be picked up. I hate that job. :P

Wilma

I have worked out a way of doing it from my wheels.  I have a tool that I call my handy picker upper.  One of those claw things that enables you to reach high shelves and pick up dropped items.  I can pick up a dime with mine.  Anyway, on a nice day and it isn't too wet, I can clean up the small limbs.  I can pick up anything that isn't too heavy.  I keep an old trash cart handy to hold the limbs and when it is full, someone will take it across the street and empty it for me.  It will be awhile before I will be able to go out and do it this time.

Diane Amberg

We really enjoyed our nice  baked corned beef and cabbage with carrots,potatoes, onions and parsnips.It sure made the house smell nice. Al is getting around better today but still has back spasms once in awhile. I had hoped his car would be repaired by  yesterday but didn't hear anything yet.

Diane Amberg

We went to nearby Elkton MD for lunch today at our favorite hot dog place, Jojo's. Once in a great while we really enjoy a good hot dog. I like the grilled foot long with relish, mustard and onion and Al got a New York style. After, we were finally able to pick up Al's Honda. Repairs are finally done and all is well. Al still has some occasional back pain,especially at night, but is almost back to normal. Last night I went out on the deck with some fried Porgie leftovers and as I was going down the steps I was met by a big raccoon coming up the steps. He stopped and looked up at me with this "well?" look on his face. I set down the paper plate and went back up the steps as he enjoyed his fish. :laugh:
I need to get some more yard work done but the rain keeps chasing me inside. It's still too cold here to do too much. Even had some pretty snow showers this morning. I hope you are starting to have consistent warmer weather and can get out to get your hands dirty.

Janet Harrington

Diane,

Did your heart jump just a little when you met the racoon? ;D ;D ;D

Wilma

Mine did one night when I met a raccoon in the door to the hen house.  There was a ruckus going on in the hen house, so armed with my flashlight, I went out to see what.  I found the 'coon looking up at me, not at all perturbed by my presence.  It turned out that he was the pet of a neighbor who couldn't seem to keep him from escaping his cage.  They finally gave him to us and after enjoying his company for a time, we turned him loose miles and miles away from us.

Diane Amberg

Janet,yes, I jumped about three feet too. ;)

Wilma

I had occasion to visit my back porch this morning.  My back porch is enclosed and roofed, but there is three inches of snow all over it and that is after the melting yesterday.  I didn't venture out, I just looked.  Hopefully, it will warm up enough today to melt it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk