another slice of wry

Started by larryJ, June 24, 2009, 04:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

On a previous post I listed a website for all to look at.  I have heard the link didn't work and I tried it several times that day and had no probem.  However, today, wednesday the 15th, it wasn't working.  Sorry about that. Apparently the ownership of the website let it expire and it has not been renewed.  How I got on it is now a mystery to me.  I will look into it some more.

Again sorry

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

I'm sorry I jumped the gun on the previous joke--it's just that I usually am the LAST to "get the punch line", so I was overexcited that it made sense to me the first time.  I'll do better next time.......................sorry.......................

sixdogsmom

Larry, I am so embarrassed, it took me nearly all day to'get' the doctor joke even with Karens' clue. I get pretty dense sometimes. LOL!  :-[ :-[
Edie

Dee Gee

I thought ducks went Aflac Aflac not quack quack.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

frawin

Dale, I like that, i told my wife your answer and she said that is something your Dad would have said also, that he had a great sense of humor and was a jokester. That was a compliment.

larryJ

Dee Gee, if the ducks went "aflac, aflac" then the joke might have been about an insurance salesman instead of a Doctor.

Sixdogsmom, don't feel bad.  I usually get jokes pretty fast, but this one took me some time, also.

Larryj

larryJ

This one is old and probably has been posted somewhere on the forum before, but I will repeat it and add one that this one reminded me of.  (I know, don't end sentences in a preposition----------so, tough.)

Two elderly gentlemen at a retirement facility were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says, "Randal, I'm 91 years old now and I seem to be full of aches and pains.  I know you are about my age, how do you feel?"

Randal says, "By golly, I feel just like a newborn baby!"

"Really!  Just like a newborn baby?"

"Yep------No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants!"

AND,  the one that this one reminded me of-----------------------------------------------------------

Two elderly gentlemen sitting on the front porch of the nursing home were enjoying the day.  One turned to the other and said, "Today is my birthday and I am 100 years old.  I have never drank, never smoked, and was faithful to the same woman for 70 years.  How about you?"

Th other gentleman said, "Well, I drank a fifth of bourbon every day, smoked two packs of cigarettes a day and made love to a different woman every night."

The first gentleman was aghast and said, "How old are you?"

The other gentleman replied, "27!"

Larryj

sixdogsmom

Edie

Judy Harder

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Jo McDonald

I called my stockbroker this morning and asked him what I should be buying. 

...he said  "Canned Goods and Ammunition".

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk