Indigo Bunting

Started by flo, May 14, 2009, 01:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

Aren't these just the most vivid and beautiful bird you ever seen?  I usually only get to see them for one day, but had one at the feeder yesterday and it was back to feed this morning.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Is that what hey are called? My gosh.. they look like they are from the tropics.. I love them
I'll try to find a quick picture..

A brilliantly blue bird of old fields and roadsides, the Indigo Bunting prefers abandoned land to urban areas, intensely farmed areas, or deep forests.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

I would like to see one.  I thought I saw one, but it flashed by too fast.

Rudy Taylor

Just be careful not to shoot any Jayhawks while you're bird-watching.

They're a rare breed, you know.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Jayhawks are pretty rare around here, but there is one Jayhawk chick at my house. ;)  I've only ever seen one Indigo Bunting. It flew from one field to the other, across Fox Den Road, in front of my car several summers ago. It was that beautiful blue.

sixdogsmom

I saw my first Indigo Bunting here in Elk county. We do have a plethora of birds and this bunting is one of the most beautiful. I saw one out at the cemetary last Tuesday. Has anyone seen the yellow headed blackbirds as they came through this year? They sound like a herd of parrots and are just beautiful birds. Just about as impressive as a flock of goldfinches all in courting plumage.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk