Swine Flu...Impending pandemic?

Started by Catwoman, April 29, 2009, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I think the biggest reason this flu has spread so fast is the lack of sanitation in Mexico.  Up here where standards are higher and where so many people want to call home, we will take steps to keep from contracting the flu, if possible.  If, in my home where I can wash my hands with soap and hot water, or if I go out, I can take my bottle of hand sanitizer with me, and where I can avoid the problems faced in other places, there should be no problem. 

sixdogsmom

Did anyone see on the news about the little villiage where this epidemic began? It is a very small villiage that has huge pig operations by Smithfield, a US based company. It seems that the regs that our farmers are required to abide by are not required in that country. Thus an impending disaster, just another example of the United States passing the buck so to speak. We allow our companys to go abroad and escape our regulations yet we bring the product back into the United States. Not only are the sanitation regs avoided but the wages and employment standards are also avoided. We may pay anyway for not taking more care of what is occuring in the world, including our neighboring countrys. I truly believe that we should not import any product that is produced under conditions that are not allowed in the United States.  :( :(
Edie

Diane Amberg

Was there any mention of chickens or birds.? That seems to be in the mix also.

sixdogsmom

Diane, bird or chickens were not mentioned in the news item I saw. Just an interview with the childs' mother and several of the villagers. The little boy is fine by the way. However with the open lagoons that I saw in the tape it would certainly be possible for birds to be involved and rats or mice.  :P :P
Edie

Diane Amberg

Warph

Quote from: Rudy Taylor on April 30, 2009, 09:16:19 AM
The main thing is: Wash your hands!!

LOL.... Love the picture, Rudy..... I've kissed a few pigs in my time.   ;D
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Varmit

Sixdogsmom, way to go...blame the US for the worlds problems.  Wages, work enviroment, enviromental standards, of foregin countries are their problem.  I swear, americia is damned if they do and damned if they don't.  don't you think that the Mexcian gov't ought to be the ones to determine what goes on in mexcio?  Oh, and by the way, there are reports that this "mexcian flu" started in california.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

I have heard that, too.  It was reported by Mexico.

Varmit

Heres one link on it.  It doesn't give a definite answer, just something to think about:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518572,00.html
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk