Just another example...

Started by Varmit, April 21, 2009, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

As if we needed another example of how two-faced obama is, here he is yet again reversing himself...

By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer Ben Feller, Associated Press Writer – 38 mins ago
WASHINGTON – Widening an explosive debate on torture, President Barack Obama on Tuesday opened the possibility of prosecution for Bush-era lawyers who authorized brutal interrogation of terror suspects and suggested Congress might order a full investigation.

Less than a week after declaring it was time for the nation to move on rather than "laying blame for the past," Obama found himself describing what might be done next to investigate what he called the loss of "our moral bearing".

This isn't the complete post, you can get it at either yahoo.com or the Associated press.  How can the american people believe a thing that comes out of obama mouth?? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

It's my understandin he said they weren't goin to prosecute the agents who carried out the interrogations because they were just following orders. The people who WROTE the "rules" are a whole other kettle of fish. Kind of like the "special rules of engagement" they wrote at Ruby Ridge that needlessly escalated and killed uneccesarily.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

My question is this...why prosecute at all?  What did these people do that was so wrong?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

Changed the rules so they could try to get away with somthing that is against the law would be my guess. I've been hearin a LOT of basically people saying the ends justify the means.....no it doesn't.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

What these folks did was to keep our country safe.  Something obama doesn't seem interested in doing.  Of course, he said he would so we have to look to him to  do the opposite. 

pam

Im not lookin to Obama for anything. Or anybody else in the government for that matter. Has the whole world forgot that yeah he can STOP bills by veto but he's basically the headless horseman when it comes to pushin things he wants. Nothin happens unless Congresss lets it...and yeah I know pelosi whatever....I would just bet you there are enough people on both sides of the aisle who do not want the very same things you all and a lot of other people don't want to keep things from getting anywhere NEAR what you all are scared of. But then I still have faith in common sense.......

I could go into a long argument about all the people sayin Oh I'm a great christian in one breath and then very next breath sayin as long as it gets you what you need the ends justify the means but I won't........oh hell I already did.  :P
William Butler Yeats

pam

You know what....you seem like a decent intelligent person and we are just gonna butt heads on the subject of politics lol. I enjoy a good discussion but I really don't take politics as serious as you do. I really figure it's just SSDD and in four years we will have a new one to bitch about but it really won't affect my day to day livin one bit more than I let it :) I think Obama is just the "cool new toy" of the moment. He'll stick around as long as we let him, won't do anymore damage than we let him, and he'll fade away just like every other "new thing" does.

I don't want to judge anybody anymore than I want them to judge me....but I AM human and when it comes to politics that is the nature of the beast :P So that's bad on me.
William Butler Yeats

Wilma

And once again you are criticizing Obama for examining the circumstances and making a decision on what he has learned or is about to learn.  He did not say that anyone would be punished or not punished.  I wish my memory was as good as yours as to the exact words I hear.  The gist of what I heard was that maybe we should take another look at it?  Is that about right?  Isn't it odd that we can hear the same thing and interpret it so differently?  Comes with age, I guess.  This thing of not jumping to conclusions.

pam

That's what I heard too Wilma.....
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

Criticizing...you bet I am.  He said that it was time to move on and to quit laying blame for the past, then in just a few days reversed himself.  It is the AIG thing all over again.  His administration is going after people that didn't break the law. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk