A call to arms

Started by pam, February 23, 2009, 08:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

This is my answer to all the darkness and pessimism on this politics thread lately................................there IS no deliverance in more darkness.....discouraging words cause no change for the better...We ARE in a black time ( and by black I don't mean Obama)....but WE are this country...not the politicians in Washington.....like it or not WE create our own reality.....Every man, woman and child in America who stands for what is right whether it is popular OR easy are the points of light that will make the shadows smaller...... I am not afraid..the darkness feeds on fear....I will hold on to what IS important....Light and Love. Nothing stays forever and nothing really ends....EVERY end is the beiginning of somthing else. There is a Cheyenne saying...No nation is lost until the hearts of it's women lay on the ground.....Whether you all like this or not doesn't matter....it is my last thought on the subject.

Sam: It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end it's only a passing thing this shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand, I know now folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going because they were holding on to something.

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

Samwise Gamgee~ The Lord of the Rings
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk