what music do ya like and why?

Started by pam, November 24, 2008, 10:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

AC/DC    Rulz

XM 53........24/7.......365

frawin

I like most music, but will have to say that I really enjoy good country music.  I especially like George Straight, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Hank Thompson, Wanda Jackson, Ernest Tubb, Johnny Horton, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Reba McEntire, The Judds, Ricky Skaggs, etc.  But, I also like the Gaithers, several gospel quartets, show tunes, music from the 40's, 50's & 60's, like the early rock & roll, Elvis, Fats Domino, Johnny Cash (rockabilly) Everly Brothers.  I like instrumental as well as vocal.  Guess a lot depends on my mood and what I'm doing.  However, I think my very favorite is the sounds that come when all the kids,grandkids, and other family members are together--the visiting, the laughter, and yes, the piano and other instruments are usually playing at some point.  Our grandchildren are taking music lessons - so we have piano, guitar, sax, etc.  coming on. 

Myrna

bfrankjack

WILLIE number 1 for sure! I could listen to him sing the phone book.  Waylon is right up there too.  Loved the "Wanted The Outlaws" 8track in school and the new revised 20th anniversary CD is Great.  Willie's Country Man CD is super!!! 
Merle Haggard, Bob Wills, Hank Sr., Fats Domino, Queen, Styx, Meatloaf, Bruce Springsteen, John Mellencamp, Bob Seger, Bryan Adams, John Conley, Irish Rovers, Poison, Creedence, Chris Ledoux, Dwight Yoakam, Marty Robbins, Kidd Rock, Trick Pony, ZZ Top, Jennifer Lopez. Some Big Band and Jazz. 
I like Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Shania Twain, Toby Keith they are really clever in their writting also.  Miranda Lambert like the attitude songs. 

Any style of music that is Happy - Clever - Upbeat ..... Don't really care for sappy or sad stuff. 

Proverbs 14:23
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Lookatmeknow!!

Ok, wasn't going to reply, but decided that I would.  I love country music.  I love rock and roll, some new but mostly the older stuff in the 70's and 80's.  I really like 80's music both country and Rock.  But I have to admit that I do love show tunes!!  I tend to listen to music that is from movies.  I love the Titanic soundtrack.  I really also love Christian music. I like the old hymns alot, and like the new stuff, too.  I just love music!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

frawin

I like Bob Wills, Toby Keith, Shania and some of the others you mentioned as well.  I used to love it when Johnnie Lee Wills would come and play for the fair dances in Howard.  Merle Haggard is great as well as Buck Owens and Dwight Yoakum.  We saw Miranda Lambert in her home town of Lindale, Tx when she was still in high school and just trying to get started.  Leann Womack is a great one too as well as Martina McBride.  Martina is from the little town of Sharon, KS.  How could we forget Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood?  Trisha is very sweet and pleasant, had her autograph her cookbooks for gifts. Garth used to come to West Texas a lot and he would come right down in the crowd and sing.  Michaeal Martin Murphy is another great one.  I love his music.  He came to Midland  with his band played with the symphony.  I thought that was a strange combination, but let me tell you, IT WAS Wonderful!!!!   Guess I just like music and there are too many to mention.  Mel Tillis is another one who puts on a great show and is a good song writer as well!  How about Randy Travis?  Ronnie Milsap? 

Myrna

littlelamb

i like motown johnny and june cash hank snow little jimmie dickens i group on all of that and still love it my dad was a big band man so i love alot of that dean martin sammy davis jr. my dad taught me the fox trot to lawrence welks show. i love the southern gospel  dottie rambo singing ledbetters gathers when at work i listen to country in my vehicle its christien and in my husbands truck its old country and i still love the musical movies frank sanatra ( old blue eyes) i love music its good for the soul

bfrankjack

Yes Mel puts on a great show Who's Julie my FAV live w/mel.  But of all I have seen Country or Rock, I believe that Chris Ledoux had the most fun and enjoyed himself more on stag than anyone!

I'll agree on Ronnie Milsap.  How about the "Silver Fox"?  Charlie Rich?? Smooth!   I like Dean Martin too! Fun Stuff!!!  Enjoy a little Ray Charles. 

I remember my Mom would really go to town cleaning house to the Bronco Billy Soundtrack! 
Proverbs 14:23
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.

Judy Harder

Well,

Now, I have a problem.........I like them all...........

I really like the old Western music with Bob Wills and The Sons of the Pioneers and all of those..............I was country before I was Rock and Roll....... ... I have even been known to enjoy White Snake and Bon Jovi and Phil Collins ......, As long as it is good meaning "I don't stuff my fingers in my ears" I enjoy all of it.

Right now I have Oldies on (When I read that Ang thought 80 was old, I about lost it....LOL) I grew up to radio and the Ozark Jamboree...............there was an all night station out of Lousiana that played all the good ones and  altho I never learned how to dance to it............I taught myself and of course, didn't do it right.

While dad was in the Navy Mom kept the radio on all day and since that was the 40's we listened to big band and Swing........and all the ones inbetween

I could sing to every song that came on and still want more.
Love harmony............whether is is Southern Baptist or just good gospel..............I even enjoy crickets and tree frog and the song of the Kansas wind blowing across the pairie..........
I can gross my family out by my choices of music..........Andre Bocelli, Pavotti will cause me to shiver.......no not bad, just makes me feel good.

can sing to me anytime.........yes, it is usually in Italian, and no I don't understand the words.....but I do understand the tone of the music and will melt when he sings.

Music is a good thing.........for my soul and my attitude.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

S-S

Michael Martin Murphy is doing a Christmas show at the Prairie Rose Chuckwagon (used to be Wild West World). I can't remember the date but it's coming up.

bowie boy

TOBY KEITH    RULZ

XM 11,16,17   24/7   365
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk