Howard roundabout !!!!!

Started by pepelect, October 24, 2008, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Quote from: Teresa on October 27, 2008, 02:43:38 PM
Quote from: DanCookson on October 27, 2008, 02:39:10 PM
I like it Patrick....

Donuts, nekid....what is not to like!!!!!

Big sign on 99....come see our roundabout...sell shirts....

It could be the theme of the fall festival.....$2 to see the roundabout

Excellent place to hold the cake walk.

$2 to see the round about..
$10 to see a Catwoman nekid in the fountain.
;D ;D
This cat never forsakes her fur coat, for the welfare and safety of the general public! lol

W. Gray

Interesting about 224 in Humboldt.

I just checked Humboldt on Delorme maps and it looks like there is a short east-west spur of US-24 called 224 that hooks into an even shorter north-south state route 224.

Just as an aside, up until June 1871, the folks in Elk County (then northern Howard County) had to ride or drive to Humboldt to the US Land Office to file a claim for their land. After that date, they rode or drove to Independence.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

pepelect

How about just a really cool concrete fountain in the center of the street that you have to drive around.   Kind of like the outhouse at Halloween.........

We could have a bronze sculpture and the water feature would be the focal point of the downtown.   A giant Elk with a huge rack......I mean a nice set of antlers........After all it is the ELK COUNTY SEAT.......We could incorporate the Elk Falls and the deer capitol of Kansas.....Then how about a swinging bridge to bring it back down to earth.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk