Howard roundabout !!!!!

Started by pepelect, October 24, 2008, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Quote from: CDBL on October 25, 2008, 07:04:11 PM
I can already see the kids doing donuts around it at night - until they lose control and crash into one of the banks, the grocery store, or John Black's office.

Ohhh--- this brings back memories! The College Hill area in Wichita has one street with a kind of round about at the entrance and exit. I have done many donuts around those; lots of fun!  :D :D
Edie

S-S

The west end of Washington st. is an excellent donut area as well.  :-X

sixdogsmom

LOL! Sounds like a voice of experience!  :D :D
Edie

Tobina+1

How about a big sign announcing all the upcoming events in/around the county?

In all seriousness... is this cistern causing water problems in all the downtown businesses?  Is this going to cause problems as other people try and purchase and re-do these buildings?

DanCookson

I like it Patrick....

Donuts, nekid....what is not to like!!!!!

Big sign on 99....come see our roundabout...sell shirts....

It could be the theme of the fall festival.....$2 to see the roundabout

Excellent place to hold the cake walk.

Teresa

Quote from: DanCookson on October 27, 2008, 02:39:10 PM
I like it Patrick....

Donuts, nekid....what is not to like!!!!!

Big sign on 99....come see our roundabout...sell shirts....

It could be the theme of the fall festival.....$2 to see the roundabout

Excellent place to hold the cake walk.

$2 to see the round about..
$10 to see a Catwoman nekid in the fountain.
;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pepelect

Quote from: Tobina on October 27, 2008, 01:46:45 PM

In all seriousness... is this cistern causing water problems in all the downtown businesses?  Is this going to cause problems as other people try and purchase and re-do these buildings?

there is no other people that stupid/crazy.......

Joanna

I hate roundabouts.  Don't matter how purty they are dressed up, they're a pain.

W. Gray

In 1950s, we had a roundabout at the end of Missouri 78 highway where I lived in Independence.

It was huge, taking up a lot of real estate, and had four roads leading in and out including one from an Army ammunition plant.

We always liked speeding around it on weekends because no one was ever on it and the police were never around.

Never saw another one until I served in Thailand in the early 70s. In Bangkok (where they drive on the left hand side of the road), roundabouts were all over the place. They popped up in Denver about ten years ago.

Does anyone know of a record for how short a state highway might be?

M-78 was 14.5 miles long.

Another, shorter highway ran parallel to M-78 and was less than one mile away was M-12. It was 5.5 miles long.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Joanna

Kansas Highway 224 is one mile long. It is how you get off 169 and takes you into Humboldt.  I know there are others short like that, especially since the trend of routing highways around town centers began years ago.  I didn't find a list of highways with lengths, but remember 224 from when we lived in Humboldt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk