Did Tonight's Debate Change Your Mind?

Started by Wilma, October 15, 2008, 08:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Did tonight's debate change your mind?  My answer is no.  What is yours?

sixdogsmom

Edie

kshillbillys

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on October 15, 2008, 08:51:08 PM
Did tonight's debate change your mind?  My answer is no.  What is yours?

What debate?  All I saw was pretty much the same-O, same-O.  I wish I could say, "McCain crushed Obama tonight - taxes, Joe the Plumber, free trade, Ayers, school choice, etc.  McCain smoked him across the board!," but I can't.  I was hoping McCain would blow Obuma's sock off, but it didn't happen although I think he did better than the last two debates.  BUT, Obuma, the clown, just sat there with that stupid smile on his made-up face while McCain threw some hardballs at him.   I thought Bob Schieffer came up with fairly  good questions and let them mix it up.  This was a much better debate than the last two but, again, McCain not forceful enough.

Obama is just a manufactured candidate.  Yes, he speaks well, but just look at who he is.... an actor in a empty suit!  And ask Joe the plumber if there will be any plumbers, or electricians, or any other highly-trained blue collar workers left in your neighborhood if Obama is elected!

Obama is nothing but a totally self-interested Bolshevik who will do anything or get down on his knees to anyone for power.  Lenin was the same way, and like Obama, Lenin had zero executive experience and ended up killing 30 million of his countrymen because he had no clue how to run a country.

Tough times ahead, comrades, tough times.

Best line of the night when Obuma compared McCains politics to Bush, McCain came back at him with, "You should have run 4 years ago if you wanted to run against Bush."

BTW, get your "Joe, The Plumber" t-shirts at http://crazytees.net/index.php?main_page=products_new
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

greatguns

sixdogsmom

I think that John McCain had a senior moment last night when he said that he would make care of children with autism a priority, and that Sarah Palin understood the importance of that. (Sarah Palins' baby in fact has Downs' Syndrome, a chromasome disorder). He went on to say that he would make money available for autism. I think he could not remember Downs' Syndrome and said Autism instead. Two times! Fellow prisoners, I think we may have a problem if John McCain is elected.
Edie

DanCookson

I believe both were said, as well as the term "special needs" which would encompass both.

Kinda like "Marxism" and "wealth redistribution"

kate31701

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 16, 2008, 10:38:41 AM
I think that John McCain had a senior moment last night when he said that he would make care of children with autism a priority, and that Sarah Palin understood the importance of that. (Sarah Palins' baby in fact has Downs' Syndrome, a chromasome disorder). He went on to say that he would make money available for autism. I think he could not remember Downs' Syndrome and said Autism instead. Two times! Fellow prisoners, I think we may have a problem if John McCain is elected.
I think he said exactly what he intended, if I was supporting a candidate that has changed his stories as much as Obama has or one that has been caught in as many lies as Obama has, I wouldn't have even brought this up.
Do you think Obama had a memory lapse when he was talking about the item listed beloW??????????

Go to Fox News for this story:
Obama and ACORN: Relationship May Be More Extensive Than Candidate Says
WASHINGTON: Barack Obama says he only had limited ties to ACORN, and they began in 1995. But other encounters with the group, plus a voter-registration drive he conducted called Project Vote three years earlier, calls his account into question. 

Warph

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 16, 2008, 10:38:41 AM

Sorry, sdm... you are the one with the senior moment.  McCain meant Autism.  He & Palin talked about it at the RNC.  Palin, too, has mentioned autism twice, once in Missouri and in Ohio.  Two of her staffers in the Governor's office have children with autism.  Nice try... tho'  you might be able to get on staff with the "Daily Kos' or "Move-On.org" or "The Huffington Post" with that little ditty, comrade.

Autism Takes Center Stage at RNC

Autism was a part of the Republican National Convention this week as both Senator McCain and Governor Palin voiced their support for children and families with special needs.

Quotes from speeches:

Senator John McCain:
"I fight for Americans... I fight for Jake and Toni Wimmer of Franklin County, Pa. Jake works on a loading dock, coaches Little League, and raises money for the mentally and physically disabled. Toni is a school teacher working towards her master's degree. They have two sons, the youngest, Luke, has been diagnosed with autism. Their lives should matter to the people they elect to office and they matter to me."

Governor Sarah Palin:
"And children with special needs inspire a special love. To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Governor Palin, September 3rd

How Will Sarah Palin Vaccinate Her Son Trig?
By Mark Blaxill

John McCain's surprise decision for his Vice Presidential running mate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, has shaken up the 2008 presidential election race. Since Palin, who has served only two years as Alaska's governor, is not well known, her selection as the Republican candidate for Vice President has raised a number of questions. The most obvious and important question is being asked widely: is she ready to be President should something happen to John McCain? In the meantime, this telegenic, 44 year old mother of five has made history as only the second woman in American history to be selected as Vice President for a major party ticket.

But for some of us, the selection of Sarah Palin has a special resonance. Palin's younger son, Trig, born on April 19, 2008, is barely 4 months old now. Trig has Down's syndrome, a disorder that began at conception when he received two copies of his 21st chromosome from either his mother or father (close to 90% of the time, the extra copy is maternal), leaving him with three copies of this chromosome instead of the usual two. This genetic condition, formally known as trisomy 21, affects roughly 1 in 800 American children today, but as many as 1 in 27 children born to mothers who, like Palin, give birth at age 44.

For readers of the Age of Autism, this 4 month child is worth watching. Because trisomy 21 is not just the cause of Down's syndrome, it is also a genetic susceptibility factor for autism.
Rates of autism in children with Down's syndrome have not been determined with any great precision. They are quite likely increasing as the background rate of autism has also increased in the last 15-20 years. But there is little dispute that autism rates are high in the Down's syndrome population. One 1999 study in the UK estimated the minimum rate of autism in a population of children with Down's syndrome in South Birmingham at 7%. That places the risk of autism in children with Down's syndrome at least 10 times higher than the regular population.

For Sarah Palin, that means her 4 month old son Trig may have at least a 1 in 15 chance of developing autism in addition to his Down's syndrome if one applies a ten year old estimate. If one makes the reasonable assumption that autism risk has risen over the last decade Trig's autism risk may well be greater than 1 in 10. Those aren't very good odds, especially for a family already facing the hardship of managing the difficulties of a special needs child.

Rest of the story at: http://www.ageofautism.com/2008/09/how-will-sarah.html
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

pam

Geez Warph, SDM seems to be a pretty nice person to me......just cause she doesn't agree with your politics don't make her a commie  :P Give her a break, none of us are gonna change anything in this election, there's like what maybe 10 of us on here talkin politics all the time? If the race is THAT friggin close I'll be WAY surprised. She's just givin what y'all been dishin out to her!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk