Second-hand Lions

Started by genealogynut, August 12, 2006, 07:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Folks, if you should ever get to either watch or buy this movie--please do!!  The first time we had seen it, we had borrowed it from our closest library and liked it so well we bought the dvd.  Wal-Mart has it and it's reasonably priced.  On the dvd it also show scenes that were cut out of the movie and they were funnier than what was left in!!!!!  My husband laughed until he got the hiccups and I laughed until I almost cried.

The movie is based on the early 1960's time period.  Robert Duvall is one of the stars. The following was taken from the Wal-Mart site in regards to the movie;

"This comedy and touching family film  is of the adventures of a shy young boy who is sent to spend the summer with his eccentric uncles.  At first shocked by his uncles' unconventional behavior that included ordering African lions through the mail, the boy soon becomes entralled with unraveling the mystery that has followed the uncles for years.  Hearing tales of ther exotic adventures involving kidnapped princesses, Arabian shieks and lost treasures, not only brings him closer to his uncles, but also teaches him what it means to believe in something.......whether its true or not."

Enjoy!!!!!! ;D ;D

Teresa

This is one of my all time favorites.. along with the Grumpy Old Men series.
Robert Duvall is nothing less than wonderful in anything that he is in.

This movie is funny and endearing and has an all time great cast.
It is one that you can watch several times and enjoy it every time.
And you will belly laugh in more than one place.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk