What words Do you constantly misspell?

Started by lola330, September 04, 2008, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lola330

From Teresa:
This Threads was originally started by Wilma.. but because the thread about the Football schedule in the announcement section was so screwed up and off topic.. I had to separate and move EACH POST to another place and then try to merge them all in order and it turned into a hell of a mess.. sooooo, consequently it is loaded with defugalties. The hour is late.. I am way past tired and my patience is shot.. so it is what it is..
Hope anyone coming in to the middle of the movie can figure it out.. if not.. .......................
The I will use a term my Grandma Workman always used.
"PLUT!! Who cares".

Now back to lola's post.........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the past few days there have been a few finger-waggers on this forum chastising the way people post.  I don't like when someone gets all righteous and wags their finger at me, and I try not to do that to others.  However, when kids are involved I'm not going to stay quiet, so bear with me.

I don't know who this bowie boy is but I get the idea he's attends West Elk.

He's a kid for cripes sake.  Quit taking shots at him and at other kids on this forum.  It's not just this person, I've seen several posts over time that the main objective is to point out a grammatical or spelling error.  Set a better example.  If you don't understand the post due to misspelled words or lower case letters ask for clarification.  Or just go on by, don't respond.   Play nice.

What is wrong with just saying "Thank you for the information, bowie boy.  See you there!" ?

BTW, I have seen a few posts here in all caps, which on the internet is equal to yelling.  I've never seen you correct an adult.  Maybe you have and I've just missed it.  I have seen some humor when something was misspelled (ie.: Gid ).

<------------------------------------------Getting off my soapbox now.    ;D

Doggone it!  I hate when I go around sounding like my own mother!  Makes me all gritchy.  Sorry to all of you who read this and it did not apply to. 

pepelect

Harmless banter. 

I pick on everybody.
I know who bowie boy is.  I know where he lives.  I know where all the dead pigs are buried. 

If you hand in math paper and it has grammatical errors on it isn't it the math teacher that should point this out? 

Why shouldn't we address the problem before the youth of the area become stupid spelling error posting adults? Obviously we are spending way to much time at the schoolboard meetings trying to figure out how to find more money for the next budget year than to teach our kids the simplest tasks like tipeing and spillin' and speaking your mind.   

I don't pick on people that I don't like. 
Quote from: lola330 on September 04, 2008, 08:44:19 PM
Over the past few days there have been a few finger-waggers on this forum chastising the way people post.  <------------------------------------------Getting off my soapbox now.    ;D

Doggone it!  I hate when I go around sounding like my own mother!  Makes me all gritchy.  Sorry to all of you who read this and it did not apply to. 

What is gritchy.   Isn't there a cream or ointment for that.   It sounds serious and you should have it looked at in the early stages before it festers.

Lookatmeknow!!

PEP, you need to lighen up!!  I know who Bowie Boy is too!!  I know where they bury all the dead pigs, too.  I smell them occassionally at night, too.  I think what lola was trying to say was be a little nicer.  I know why You and I are giving him a hard time, I guess if she knew him she would, too.  Be nice to lola, she was just statin a point!!  I understand you, also.  If they can't spell it right they can't pronounce it right.  PEP isn't trying to  be mean lola, if you know him that is just the way that he is.  He is very, very straight forward.  Doesn't bother me, but its nice to try and get him on his RANT!!!!

I have to say, when I was doing my student teaching.  I had a special instructor, because the ones from Newman didn't want to come out this far.  I did my student teaching in Sedan.  I had a instructor from Southwestern in Winfield.  He told me up front that he would listen to they way that I talked also, not only the lessons that I taught.  He told me that you can't teach if you can't speak.  I had to inturn, listen to the way that I pronounced words much better.  He helped me alot.  I think this is the case in turn that PEP is speaking of.  If you can't spell it right you can't say it right!! 

Ok, rant OFF!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Wilma

You're right, Angie.  I hadn't thought of it in that way, but if you can't spell it right, you can't pronounce it right.  This is why spelling is so important and making it a habit to spell it right, makes it easier.  Of course, this is true in everything.  Make it a habit to do it right and it will be easier to do it right.

bowie boy

That is funny pepelect, I know where you live, where you sleep, and what color and type of trucks you drive.

There, are you happy I used proper grammer and puncitations
''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

Diane Amberg

Puncitations?  Sp.     I'll get out my red pencil! ;D

bowie boy

''If guns kill people, I can blame misspelled words on my pencil'' - Larry The Cable Guy

bowie boy

Lookatmeknow!!

I just like to pick on my neighbor!!  So, he knows that I am joking with him!!  I shouldn't pick on him, I know.  That is bad of me. I understand what you are saying.  I have a bad habit of that with Bowie!!!  I'll try to be good!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

bowie boy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk