Billboard Howard

Started by pepelect, July 24, 2008, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

PEP RULZ TOURSIM
Welcome to Howard

What would a sign on the highway bring to Howard?   I'm not talking about a wood and steel sign but a fancy glow in the dark tv screen on steroids that you can read from half way to Severy and Moline. 

You could locate it up by 400 to bring people down the new and improved super slab.   
You could put one in each of the communities.  Moline, Grenola, Longton, and Beyond.

Current events, school activities, Amber alerts, civil defense, new cars for sale, pumpkins 1/2 off, Monterreys, and corn sold out could be blasted by at 65mph to every rock truck not talking on a cell phone.  You could even sell advertising for the cost.

It would be nice know who is buying coffee for  the happy birthday and who got hitched before you pull in. 

Imagine " Home of David Oakleaf's mom and dad "  with his picture 20' right beside. 

Hot wings sale.  Please get them while they are hot.  Not just for donuts.

Is there a Amber alert contact or what is the problem with mixing civil with commericial?  If you use the commericial businesses to pay for it and every one utilizies it.   What is the down side?

Teresa

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D....................
For the love of the Lord man!~~~~ Do you never rest??!!

Is Julie in bed? .....and are you just running insane laps around the house while these ideas come tidal-waving into your head?

pumpkins 1/2 off...........& corn sold out!~~.......

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

***wiping the tears away from laughing so hard***

I do like the idea of  signs.... I don' know about the ones that are on steroids and take 400 people to erect though...
** still laughing**
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

I wonder what something like that would cost?

Marcia Moore

I would be glad to help with the lettering.  I have some 12" stencils that could be used.

Wilma

I doubt that the "corn" will be sold out as long as this forum is going.  There still seems to be plenty of it.

But Patrick has the right idea.  There is a need for more signs along the highway, advertising Howard and what it has to offer.  I am thinking specifically about a sign that says "Business District--______Blocks West" then lists the various businesses.  There used to be a sign that listed the churches in Howard.  I don't remember seeing it lately, either.  Is there a sign on Elk Street that points to the park and swimming pool and is there a sign that shows where to turn to reach the cemetery?  I seldom come in from the south so I don't know anymore.

Is there a sign at the high school that shows the upcoming events?

DanCookson

One of my customers builds those signs.  If it is a serious idea, I know he would sell me one at cost.  At least I think he would, as much money as I have saved the tight ass on shipping.  :P

Diane Amberg

Then do some cute "Burma Shave" type signs to lead people into town. You all have some great ideas, keep 'em comin'.

pepelect

I am talking about an electronic sign.  The best thing about them is that they can be changed instantly.  As fast as you can type the sign could be changed.  No more advertising for the mud run three months after it is over. 

More economic development:  We could have a radar gun tied to it to promote safe driving.  You are now driving 65.  Please pull to the side and write your own ticket put it in the box and don't forget to swipe your card and  :)have a nice day.

Want to know the ball game score.  Look on the billboard.  Want to find a new couch  look on the ads on the billboard.   Want to sell more newspapers......Advertise on board. 

Only the in crowd come through town, so come on in.

There is no Hubble Rubble in Branson.  Why waste the gas.

indygal

There is no Hubble Rubble in Branson.  Why waste the gas.

Amen to that! Hubble's Rubble rocks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk