Daughters of the Eastern Star?

Started by dnalexander, June 17, 2008, 07:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dignified Redneck

The organization for young girls that is affliated with The Order of the Eastern Star and Masonic Lodge is called "Rainbow for Girls" .  The closest one I ever knew of was located in Eureka, when I belonged in the early 70's.  David, you might ask Jo McDonald through this site if she remembers when your mother was a member.  Frank, if you happen to see Bill Redmond while you are in Howard this weekend, you might ask him if he would communicate with your nephew about the Masonic Lodge. Just remember his hearing is not the best and he tries to hide it. DO NOT TELL HIM I SAID THAT!!!!!!!
Age & treachery will outlast youth & skill any time !!!!!!!!!!

Ole Granny

I was in Rainbows in the late fifties in Moline.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Thanks, I visit with Bill pretty regular when there, and I agree he doesn't hear well, and I won't tell either of us said that.

DanCookson

ha-ha, he probably wouldn't hear either one of you telling on the other :-X

The lodge records are kept of all members and every meeting.  The best point of contact besides Bill Redmond would be Lon Cummings.  He is the current secretary and has been for some time.  He would be able to look at the records and find what you are looking for.

Jo McDonald

The Order of The Eastern Star is an organization for women that have a tie to men of the Masonic Order.
The records are open to anyone needing information of its members.  The secretary of the Order of the Eastern Star has access to all of those records.  Columbia Chapter had to give up it's charter because of not being able to have a quorm of officers, and consolidated with Ladonia Chapter of Elk Falls, and now hold their meeting in the Hope Lodge of Howard.  The secretary of the order is Bernice Cain, and she resides in Moline.  Her telephone # is 620 647 3353   Her mailing address is 633 Biddle  Moline, KS  67353   The Worthy Matron is Kay Howell of Howard, and she can be reached during the day at the city office -- 620 374 2202.
  I have been a member of the Order since 1962.  I hope you find all the information you need about your Mother, David, and I am sure that Bernice  or Kay ( or both ) will be more than willing to help you.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Thanks Jo, as usual you are there to help.
Frank

Jo McDonald

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

dnalexander

Jo (and all the others who have helped) thank you so much for the great information.  This forum has been very helpful in trying to document my family history. Thank goodness I had a great head start on previous work done by my Mom and the huge amount done by my Uncle Frank.  My advice to all the young people out there is to save your history as you go, much easier than doing it when you are older and memories fade.

Thank you all very much,
David

Roma Jean Turner

Thanks for that info Jo.  I have wanted to find out about when the Eltings belonged but didn't know how.  I know my Great grandmother Turner was very involved in the Rebekah's which is part of the Oddfellow's Lodge.  Is there anyone in Moline or Howard who has those records?

flo

were the daughters of the Eastern Star called Rainbow Girls?  Rebecka's were Theta Rho's.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk