SMOKING BAN, what do you think?

Started by flo, May 06, 2008, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I had read that before and it still holds true. thank you for refreshing our minds
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pam

Exactly Lazy Bear!!!!!!!!!! The old "It's for you're own good" one seems to work real well on most people :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

How do you feel about mandatory recycling? ( honest, I'm not arguing, I'm just interested in other people's points of view.)

pam

Personally, I think people ought to be smart enough to see the sense in recycling without havin it forced on them.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

I agree, but I know we'll soon have an increase of old mattresses and things tossed back in the woods, because unfortunately that's how too many people are. I feel the same way about drunk drivers, they ought to know better, but we all know the truth about that too.

Wilma

Mandatory recycling works for a lot of people.  If they have to pay for it anyway and are fined if they throw away recyclables, they soon see the wisdom of it.  I recycle as much as I can, but there are still plastics that can't be recycled.  I hate throwing them in the trash but what else can you do?  What if the government (government again) made it illegal to manufacture anything that can't be recycled?  That wouldn't make more people recycle but would make it easier for me.  I don't think the government is doing enough.

Diane Amberg

We've had voluntary recycling of various kinds here for many years. Mandatory at home recycling will start as soon as Newark can afford to buy another set of the big rolling trash cans for everyone. I'm starting to try to figure out all the "cans and cant's." There are still some things I haven't  figured out. We can be fined if we get it wrong. We have a city transfer station and from there the big trucks go to the Cherry Island landfill.  We tried years ago to get a trash to steam plant started, but it got beat down. Maybe that will come up again now.  When everybody everywhere does it, it will help a bit. I've seen the huge garbage barges that head to sea from New York City.  Unbelievable

flo

this is kind of a stupid question, but I don't know so will ask.  I have seen those huge garbage barges on TV and where do they go to dump? On someone else? pollute the water downstream? Where?
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Lazy Bear

Flo, I'm way to young to remember these ad's and I'm sure you was just a youngster, but it kind of reminds me of the teachings of the five basic food groups in school that I lived by and now to find out it's a food pyramid and we've been doing it all wrong all this time.

pam

William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk