The run away Goat!!! Funny must read

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, January 30, 2008, 10:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I hope this is not a repeat, but this is the second time that I have posted this, so bare with me if it is. 

Ok, if you live in Howard, you have probably heard about the goat that David Denton was feeding, it was across the highway from Penny Swanson's house.  Dana saw this goat one day while going to work.  It was there for a while and she did not want to see the goat starve to death, so she made David feed it.

So here is how the story started.  Parker, our oldest daughter, had 2 goats  for 4-H projects.  We moved them from the old house to the new one.  We put them in a horse trailer, but I forgot to feed and water them 1st.  I was doing this, when one of my nieces and my girls screamed.  This scared the goats and they ran out of the trailer.  We tried to find them, but we had no luck.  We thought that they might go up to our hay barn or Hubbles, but no such luck.  We figured that they were coyote bait, which sounds mean, but the truth.

We just forgot about them, until about 2 weeks ago, when David told us that he had been feeding our goat.  Jeff went and checked out the goat, which is a little wild.  That was one of Parkers goats for sure.  It had a collar around his neck, and a 4-H ear tag, which hers had, and of course is was the same color as one of them.  It had survied from June/July of 2007 until January 2008 out running around with all the coyotes and things that could have killed him.  I think that he must of ran with a cattle herd somewhere.  Probably Jeff's Uncle Randy, since he does have a goat that runs with one group of his cattle.  But where they found it was just a little ways away from our house.  It was across from Penny Swanson's house.  The new bridge on the highways that they built, back west of it.  There is an old railroad bridge, at least that is what Jeff told me, that is were he was staying. 

I just can't believe that the goat survied this long.  Well, this is another funny part about the story.  Bruce Fickle told Jeff that he would catch the goat.  He caught it by feeding it in a barrel.  He brought the goat to our house.  Jeff put it in the same horse trailer, and guess what, he jumped out the gap at the back of the trailer.  But this time, he has stayed at the house.  We have a big outside rocking horse and I think that he thinks that the horse is another goat, because at times he lays by it.  He also will sleep in the back of Jeff's Mini Truck.  He acts just like a dog.  So I just had to share that story with you.  Enjoy!!!! :laugh: ;D :D ;) :)
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Bonnie M.

Bonnie

Lookatmeknow!!

I think you are right about that one.  I just wish he would tame down some, but as long as he stays in the yard and not at the neighbors, that is ok with me.  We sold all of our other goats because they were eating the neighbors fruit trees that they just planted and killing them.  They are hard to keep in.  I hope you enjoyed the story.

Bonnie M.

I did enjoy the story.  I think it's amazing that the goat has made it "on it's own" for all of this time.
Bonnie

Joanna

I loved the story too, and it's a great relief!  Our guys claimed to keep seeing a goat along the road in that area as well, but never when there were any witnesses.

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, I just had to add to this story about the goat.  He is still alive and on our place.  He won't let you get to close to him.  When I pull up to the mailbox to get the mail, the two dogs run out and so does he.  You should see this.  It is a sight!! ;D ;D  Also, I went over to my mother in laws house, she lives right beside us, and guess who followed me there, yes you guessed it, the goat.   He does have a name now, the girls call him Billy Ray Cyrus.  They forgot that he isn't a billy anymore, but it is still a very fitting name!! ;D ;D  My husband calls him Willie, because he is not a billy anymore.  I did take pictures of him, just can't figure out how to post them yet when I do, I will post them!!

Long live Billy Ray!!!

Teresa

Billy Ray's eyes are squinted. He must know he is now a Movie Star and the Hollywood lights are blinding him..  ;D ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Lookatmeknow!!

Thanks so much Teresa for putting up the picture.  You are right, he is squinting and I thought that it was just to funny not to post that picture of him.  I need to figure out how to post pictures better, in time I will learn.  Thanks again!!  Hope everyone enjoys that picture.  He is an awesome pet!!  He is just to funny, if you come by our house just look.  You never know, you might see him grazing in the yard, or following  the dogs around!!! ;D ;D ;D

Lookatmeknow!!

I know I have said this before, but the goat thinks it is a dog.  I went over to the shop and whistled and the goat followed me home.  I just can't get over this goat.  He makes me laugh all the time!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk