Methodist Chicken

Started by frawin, December 24, 2007, 08:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Several months ago, I mentioned that I had this recipe, but at the time it was packed away.  Well, we are in Oklahoma now, and believe it or not---still unpackiing.  We had many many boxes to unpack.  This recipe came from Marjorie Chesnut.  I worked for her husband Sam at TRW Reda Pump when he was in Human Resources.  They were very wonderful people and were very much Baptists, so we always laughed about this recipe.

Methodist Chicken

Put 1 cup raw rice in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.  Lay cut-up fryer on top of rice.  Mix together and spoon over top:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups water

Chopped pepper if desired.

Bake uncovered for 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Note:  Use meaty pieces from two chickens if desired.  This dish requires no watching.

and no, there is no T in the middle of Chesnut.

Bonnie M.

Thanks for the recipe.  We're going to give it a try. 

Merry Christmas!
Bonnie

W. Gray

Quote from: frawin on December 24, 2007, 08:43:14 AM
Several months ago, I mentioned that I had this recipe, but at the time it was packed away.  Well, we are in Oklahoma now, and believe it or not---still unpackiing.  We had many many boxes to unpack.  This recipe came from Marjorie Chesnut.  I worked for her husband Sam at TRW Reda Pump when he was in Human Resources.  They were very wonderful people and were very much Baptists, so we always laughed about this recipe.

Methodist Chicken

Put 1 cup raw rice in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.  Lay cut-up fryer on top of rice.  Mix together and spoon over top:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
1 1/2 cups water

Chopped pepper if desired.

Bake uncovered for 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Note:  Use meaty pieces from two chickens if desired.  This dish requires no watching.

and no, there is no T in the middle of Chesnut.

I did a search on "rice" and a search on "sausage" both specific to "frawin" and this is the only recipe I came up with from December 2007.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Thanks Waldo, you are appreciated. Myrna Found the recipe she was looking for this evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk