How Does Your Garden Grow?

Started by Diane Amberg, July 27, 2007, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

In the tee- pee under the pole beans. Actually, there IS room for our 2 storey colonial in the yard. I have flower beds on all four sides and three free standing beds. It's only  1/3 acre and the vegetable garden is up in the back corner, but there always seems to be plenty of room. It was built in 1962, so we have some mature trees also. And lilacs and wisteria and holly, pussy willow and Harry Lauder's walking stick and ferns and primroses and 4 colors of butterfly bushes , burning bush and 2 magnolias, 3 dogwoods, a red bud tree, azaleas, and a rhododendron, Iris, bleeding heart, and lots of spring bulbs. Whew! There is actually some grass too.

Rudy Taylor

Let's all go to Diane's house for a garden tour!  I'm sure she would like that surprise, especially if we came for supper ... unannounced.

So, attach a photo, Diane.  We'd love to see even a portion of your yard.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

test Photo attachment

kdfrawg

Oh my goodness, will you look at that crab!

Be still, my heart!

Wilma

I hope you are referring to the red item in the lady's hands, frawgie.

Diane Amberg

Be patient with us, we are just learning how to send photos. This one seemed to be lost but did come through. It is also on Good morning.

kdfrawg

LOL! Wilma, how could you!

Yes, I was referring to the crustacean. Diane has never been anything other than cheerful, as far as I can tell. But, boy, we are very unlikely to get to go to many crab feeds here in Kansas. That one looks like pure heaven to me.

:)

Diane Amberg

There were many larger than that one. I could only eat 5.

kdfrawg

Having spent so much time in San Francisco, I am prone to the Dungeness crab, but I have never met an edible crab that I didn't like. I can't even tell you when the last time was that I had crab. Boy, is that a sad fact of life.

Diane Amberg

Dungeness is good too, but the blue claw has a more delicate, sweeter taste.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk