Kansas Wind??????

Started by Wilma, July 14, 2007, 02:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

I have one prisoner that I talk to every other day or so.  He's not my client, but the other counselor's client.  I always have to ask which prisoner he is and he always answers, "I'm the other black guy."  He is just a hoot.

frawin

Marine Mom, I know the feeling. There were 15 of us in my family and people would always say which one are you, my reply would be I am Number 15.
Frank

Rudy Taylor

There were 38 kids in our family and I .... wait, maybe I got carried away there.  I just like to top others and I couldn't fathom anybody having 15.  How wonderful!   And, no, there were only five kids in our happy family.

Let's go to church!  Gotta ask forgiveness for fibbing all week long on the forum.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

desertlilydarla

My husband Mark, comes from a family of 16 kids, he is the 15th child.  His mother had two sets of twins, and a total of 8 girls and 8 boys. ..She was told after her first child was born to never have anymore , because she only had one kidney.   She definitely proved the doctors wrong.  That didn't take the wind out of her sails.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

frawin

Wilma, what amazing women. I can't imagine the discomfort of being pregnant 15 or 16 times. My mother was never in a hospital until she was 70 years old. All of us were born at home, Lavina Rarick (Izola Moore's Aunt) delivered the the last 7 of us.
Frank

Wilma

My mother was no. 4 of 14.  Needless to say, she helped plenty with the younger ones.  There were only 4 of us and of her siblings, most of them had only one or two children.  The most was seven by the youngest daughter.  She didn't have the experience of being one of many.

Janet Harrington

Mother,

Your dad was one of 14, wasn't he?

frawin

It was tough enough on me having Myrna pregnant 3 times, I can't imagine 14 or 15. A lady once told me that if men had to carry every other baby they conceived that there would be half as many people in the world.

desertlilydarla

one of my niece's on my husbands side is only 36 or 37 just had her 11th child and she's not stopping there.
No act of kindness, no matter how small,
is ever wasted.

Diane Amberg

Lavina was also my great grandmother Clark's name.  She was of tough pioneer stock. As a young child, she and her family went by covered wagon from northern Kansas to Texas, with the family cow walking along behind. After a few years they took the same way back to Kansas, same poor cow. Grandma died at 92.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk