Any Update on Lloyd Zimmerman?

Started by Theresa, July 04, 2007, 12:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theresa

I haven't noticed any updates on Lloyd's condition, if anyone knows anything please post it for those of us that are far away.

I want you all to know that I 'L-O-V-E' this website, when my Aunt Wretha (from Howard) called my sister, Anettia (Florida) who then called me (Washington) with the news about Zimmerman's, I tried using my computer to Google for information.  I tried many different ways to search and then after about 20 minutes I got a hit for this site.  I opened it and was I pleasantly surprised to find you all here.  I immediately sent the link to my sister (Florida), my daughter (Georgia) who spent many summers visiting my parents in Howard and swimming in the Howard pool, as well as other scattered relatives.  I noticed that most of them have joined.

I enjoy reading about everyone and what is going on around the County.  Teresa, I want to personally thank you for getting this started, it is a great way to hear and see what is going on in and around Howard.  As I said in my earlier post, my parents (Del and Loretta Riggs) lived in Howard when I was born and I feel as if I still have roots there.  I am the daughter who moved back to Howard with Dad after Mom died and stayed the few short weeks until he also passed.  It has been 5 years since I left, I wanted to stay as I do enjoy the slower paced small town life, I think it is in my blood, but I had to return to Washington. I miss the morning coffee at the ladies table and the pine cones from the bakery. (Is it still there?)

Well I am starting to ramble so I will get back to work; I am also one who checks this website several times a day to see what is happening.  Again if anyone has an update on Lloyd's condition please post it.  If it has already been posted can you tell me where to find it???   Theresa

Janet Harrington

No updates, but I think we can be reassured that Charlie will post something the next time he gets a chance.

I remember when you came to stay with your dad.  The donut shop was the business who made the pine cones and it is still there, but just barely.

As for the coffee shop, all we have is the donut shop, Toot's and the Senior Center (during the week), for coffee.  Some people go to one or the other.  If you ever get a chance to return to Howard even for a visit, let us know and we will all do coffee with you if we can.

dandymomma

Hi Auntie!!!

Last August Mom and I stopped at the donut shop one morning and all the men-folk were at one table and the ladies were at another. It was kind of funny. It reminded me of when Aunt Alice (Wretha) had the diner. Grandma sat at the counter with me and Trevor, and Granddad sat with the guys. I think they gabbed more than the ladies did.  :D

Wilma

Men certainly do gab more than women.  That's why they have to sit apart from the ladies.

Janet Harrington

Sometimes the men get so loud, you can't talk to anyone.  The men say the women do that, too.  I don't believe them.

hhjacobs

I was into Popuar Pizza this evening and their was a notice on the counter,Saying not to send any flowers ,as the family would have to haul them around to all the places he will be going. Also asking that no phone calls, as he is unable to get to phone.
So I say lets just say a prayer for Lloyd,that he has a full recovery. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Jo McDonald

BLESS YOU FOR THAT UPDATE   and well said !!  He is loved and he knows it and God will heal him !!! 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

dandymomma

Teresa

The cards are a wonderful thing. He can read them at his leisure.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

emptynest

From what Robin Haines is saying as of today is that Lloyd has now had surgery on his broken arm/shoulder and is doing well.  He is in much pain still, but continues to improve.  There is talk of him moving to another part of the hospital for his therapy.   

Robin said that there is humor being shared--which he said was a good sign---and that each and every day Lloyd gets a little bit bettet.  Robin words were, and I quote: "If I had known that he was going to get that much better---I would have pushed out of the window years ago.!"  Leave it to Pastor Robin!!!!   Sounds like the prayers are being answered..........Let us continue to pray for total healing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk