Hello & Good Morning!

Started by Jo McDonald, June 06, 2007, 03:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

That's a basic Earth Sciences thing that I'm willing to bet a substantial portion of our population could not come up with if asked. Hell, my daughter is 21, a senior in college, on the university honor roll, and hadn't figured out the role of seeds in crop production until Baker Bob laid it out for the 4-6 year-olds she was in charge of on a field trip two weeks ago. And without that basic stuff, it's hard to understand anything harder.

Janet Harrington

Update on Charity, the preemie baby whose mother's name is Maria

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just a little longer...

Today was my day to go to Wichita. I was particularly excited because Kim was going to come with me and because Charity had been moved to NSCU-the Special Care Unit! And the day did not turn out to be any less than I had expected it would be. I had a blast with Kim and it was nice to chat about our lives and where they were headed. And seeing Charity in the NSCU was wonderful!

Last night at weigh in she weighed 3 lbs 10.5 oz! She measured 19 inches!! It is amazing how quickly she is growing these days!! I am so glad that the chronic lung is working itself out and that she is growing normally.

After I got home I got the best news!! Her Dr called and finally gave me a time table!! He said that in order to come home Charity would need to be taking all her feedings by bottle (Which is a lot right now considering we have only taken half a one). He said that at 34 weeks (which is her gestational age) she is doing just fine and should be able to take 1-2 full feedings very soon. At 35 weeks she should be up to 2-3 and at 36 weeks she should be on total feedings. He said babies w/ Chronic Lung seem to be about a week behind that. He is going to start weening her off the Caffine to stimulate her heart and lungs. He said she is doing fine right now and if once off she goes 7 days w/o an episode, she wouldn't need it to come home on. He ideally wants her off oxygen before she comes home, but if need be he will send her home on a little oxygen as long as she is stable and at a constant amount. He said IF she is off the oxygen he will take her off the diaretic and the sodium chloride. Which would also mean NO MONITOR!! But if she is still on the oxygen she would need the monitor. So, all this said, the timeframe is anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 weeks!!! I am so excited!!! Just a little longer and I will have my beautiful baby girl home and Steve, Trinity, Charity and I will finally all be together as a family!!! (Pray that I have the strength to handle two kids, a job, a house, and a relationship!!!)

Diane Amberg

I have no doubt you will be fine. You have lots of support around you. If you each do your part, you'll do well.

Diane Amberg

Just enjoyed an afternoon at the fire company picnic with my husband and this 8 legged friend. My husband is not the young guy behind me !

Diane Amberg

We spent the afternoon at the Aetna, Hose Hook and Ladder Co. family picnic. Al took the photo with me and one crab.....There were 10 bushels of his cousins there too. As usual it was very hot, hence my very red face. CJ, the young man behind me is the ambulance Capt. and a New Castle County paramedic. He is much older than he looks! Tomorrow I'll try to get a photo out in the veggie patch.

Rudy Taylor

Darn it, Diane. You're so fancy and we're so plain!

It truly is "a wonderful life."

kdfrawg

Diane Amberg

Where did you get that? Shucks!

kdfrawg

We're spoofin' you, Ms. Diane.

;D

Diane Amberg

You better be. I'm as Basset Hound as you can get.  But I do have fun. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk