ROLL CALL TO ALL MEMBERS !!!!

Started by Teresa, May 05, 2007, 10:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdfrawg

I think maybe you have a different idea of fun than I do, Janet, but I believe I get the idea.  ;D

It actually sounds pretty darned good and it's great that you know a lot of the people there, already. How big a staff does the place have? It sounds to me like HR is the same everywhere. It doesn't usually seem like much until you have a problem. Then it's nice to have someone there that knows how to deal with it.

And I'm sure that it will get more interesting as the days go on. I find that I am looking forward to hearing about it, too.

Mom70x7

Sounds like you enjoyed your day, Janet. That's always a good sign.

I didn't know you were in Rainbows. My sister Judy, the one just younger than me, was a Rainbow girl. Even then I wasn't much of one for getting dressed up. She loved it. Hope you did.

Jo McDonald

Well, Little Missy, I am glad that your first day went well for you --- and hopefully each day will get better.  I am sure that the familiarity of the work will be a plus for you.  It is always nice to see people that you know, so "the first day of school" is not so scary.
Stay safe - and keep us posted.
Hugs to you for tomorrow.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Sherri

I would like to put my two cents in to the card playing....I was a part of that clan of the McDonalds that played all night...we would have the best fun.  Everytime my family gets together we play any kind of game imaginable...we also play penny a point and let me tell you that gets wild. We all have our own little bag of money. hahaha.  It is so fun.  I can remember during the Christmas holiday, all of us would get out the chalk board and play picionary...oh my gosh...couldn't draw from laughing.  I wish the world was not so busy that we could do all that again..but everyone seems to be going in different directions all the time.....

Okay...now you know why I am windy.....Helloooooooooo...my mom and sister. hahaha  Have to blame someone and since I am the baby...I had two good teachers.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Teresa

Quote from: Sherri aka Sadie on June 19, 2007, 09:53:29 AM

Okay...now you know why I am windy.....Helloooooooooo...my mom and sister. hahaha  Have to blame someone and since I am the baby...I had two good teachers.

Ohhhh ~~WHAT-EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
  ::) ::) ::) ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Judy Harder

First thing,  I am related to no one in Elk County and I almost feel like I shouldn't post here, as my life is just so.so.

My name is Judy Harder
I was born and raised in Topeka...........My parents are George and Virginia Bates and I have a younger sister (4 years younger) and a younger brother (11 years younger) who all still live in Topeka.

I graduated from Seaman High in 1960 and worked for a while at the Stormont-Vail Hospital in the new-born nursery.
Got married in 62 and had 3 younguns right off the bat.......well not bat......but working with all those newborns I told people that it was catching.
I had 3 under 3 and became a housewife and mother. Raised them and myself and husband..........did a fair job with the kids..........2 boys and a girl with the girl being in the middle.
Bob, Jr lived in North Carolina (he passed on when he was 39; his wife Jenny passed on just 30 days before he did from fighting cancer) He had an aortic anurism. My daughter lives in Wisconsin and my youngest is in Florida somewhere. Not sure where as he got in trouble and spent time in prison and refuses to talk to me. I am dealing with it.........God has been with me the whole time and is seeing me through it.

Robyn has 2 boys 21 and 15 and David has a daughter and a son. The granddaughter lives in Austin Texas near her mother and I have lost contact with the grandson.........somewhere in Florida.

I have been on disability since I hit 50. (I am 64) Have fibromyalgia, several different kinds of athritis and  restless leg syndrome and a few other auto-immune diseases.

I am also a survivor of throat cancer. In fact I am cancer free........and in my 4th year of recovery.

As I said I raised 3 kids and myself and didn't manage to get the husband raised, so parted ways in 74 and married a man from Longton and moved over here.

We had moved to Independence from Topeka, because Bob's brother and wife lived there and we had wonder-itis.

Anyway after that marriage didn't work out I worked for Mercy until  I met Charlie Croney and we married and I moved (with teenagers) to Longton.
It took a few years, but have found out that I am a small town girl at heart.
I do enjoy going back to Topeka to visit and this past year I toyed with the idea of moving back.

As I said I don't have any family here and when I get ill or blue or needing some help I feel I may need to get closer to family.

If the time comes when I need the help, then I will move back up there.........But, for now as long as I can I will stay here.

Love the fact I can walk down the sidewalk or out in the rural area and know that someone is aware of where I am.

I will update this later........I love animals, am an outdoor person if and when I can, love to visit and or listen to people.

If anyone is in Longton you can find me at cafe or at least they will know where I am.......and they care...

Hugs and God bless...............Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Mom70x7

QuoteFirst thing,  I am related to no one in Elk County and I almost feel like I shouldn't post here, as my life is just so.so.

You live in Elk County so naturally you should post here!  :D

And you like living in Elk County, so that's a double blessing.  :angel:

Quotemy youngest is in Florida somewhere. Not sure where as he got in trouble and spent time in prison and refuses to talk to me. I am dealing with it.
And some of us have been here as well. I've got one that introduced me to more jails and prisons here in Kansas than I've ever wanted to know.  ;) And I've got another one that also refuses to talk to me.  :( You're right, though. You just have to deal with it. God's presence is incredibly comforting! And there are a lot of angels here in Elk County that help.  :angel:

Again - welcome to the Forum!

Theresa

I was born in Wichita, but my parents lived in Howard which is where they brought me after we left the hospital.  My Grandmother, Mae Riggs, was a cook at the Howard school and after she retired she was a sales clerk at the hardware store.  My dad Delbert was raised in and went to  school with many of the 'old timers' who are still there. My parents, Delbert & Loretta now reside in the Howard cemetary with my grandparents and many other relatives, in fact I have more relatives there than I do living in town. 

When I was a toddler my parents moved West to Washington which is where I am now. We did return to Howard every summer to visit family and my kids spent many summers there with their grandparents.  The last time I was in Howard was for my parents funerals which were three months apart.

I am glad that I found this site when I was searching for information on the Zimmerman fire. Lloyd has been a close family friend for many, many years.  I hope that he recovers from his injuries and is soon back on his feet.

I wasn't sure if I should post a blog, but I still feel attached to Howard even though I have been gone for so long. It looks as if there are a lot of followers and I have shared the site with both of my sisters.  Thank you Teresa for starting it.          Theresa (Riggs) Smith

Janet Harrington

Oh, Theresa.  I loved your parents.  Your mother was a pistol.  Your aunt that still lives here, Wretha, is just so crazy.  Kind of like us.  I don't see much of her.  I drive by her apartment on my way to see my mother and I really should stop.  Sometimes I see her around town, but she seems to stay inside pretty much.

Theresa

Thanks Janet, it is good to hear from someone who knew my parents. I don't know if we have met, but if not, it is nice to meet you.  I was so glad to find this site and I have enjoyed reading all of the posted blogs.  My Aunt is a little crazy and always has been, that is why we love her so much!   Theresa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk