REDMOND, Forest Faborn - b. October 8, 1905 - d. September 25, 1929

Started by genealogynut, April 26, 2007, 01:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant
October 3, 1929

Forest Faborn Redmond was born at Dewey, Oklahoma, October 8, 1905, and departed this life at Howard, Kansas, September 25, 1929, aged 23 years, 11 months and 17 days.

He received his education in the schools of Elk and Greenwood counties.  He was a student in the Howard high school and also attended the Fredonia Business College.

He united with the Howard Christian church in January 1922.

He married Miss Bernadine Andrews of Howard, May 10, 1927.  To this union was born one daughter, Edith Faye.

For some time he had been in the employ of the Emporia Telephone Company and worked up to Friday, September 20th.  He was taken till that evening and lived but a few days.  He was a young man of good habits, industrious, winning many friends among those who knew him.  His death comes as a severe blow to his wife, parents, brothers and to a large circle of friends and relatives.

The funeral services took place at the M. E. church of Howard, conducted by the pastor, Rev. E. E. Satterlee, with a brief address of Elder Newton Hill of Elk Falls, a friend of the family.  There was a large attendance of relatives and friends of the family.  There were beautiful floral tributes.  The music was very appropriate.  Interment in Grace Lawn cemetery near Howard.

Jo McDonald

Lois, wasn't this the father of twin boys Bill and Bob Redmond?  I know that Bernadine was their Mother.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Jo McDonald

Lois -- I just noticed the date of death for Mr. Redmond -- the twin boys were born in 1929 -- so it is possible that they were not born yet when their Father passed away.  But their sister is Edith.. that I know for sure.  If my poor overworked ???? brain had not been in "lock mode" I may have thought of that before I posted.  Sorry~~
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

Lois, would you check that date of death?  I read it as 1920 and that surely couldn't be.  I know that Bill's mother's name was Bernadine.  Is it possible that the boys were born after Mr. Redmond died?

Wait, if you add 23 yrs., 11 mos. and 17 days to the date of birth, you get Sept. 25, 1929.  Is possible.

genealogynut

Wilma, that was a typo .......thanks for telling me! :) I've already corrected it.

larryJ

Jo, somewhere I have seen or read that Forest Redmond died of pneumonia six weeks prior to the birth of Bill and Bob Redmond.  The twins were mostly raised by their grandmother, Edith Andrews.  Larry
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Janet Harrington

Now, I find that interesting.  I'll just have to make a trip to the old library and use the micro film machine and see what I can find out about all of this.  Stand by for more news later.

Besides, Mother, I thought that Bill and Bob were the same age as Daddy.  Was Daddy older?

Wilma

Daddy was born in July, 1927 so he had to be older.  I thought they were the same age, too.  They were the same generation and both Elk County.

Janet Harrington

I went to the library today and researched the Howard Citizen about the Redmond twins.  I did not find any notice or local items about the twins being born.  I did talk to my Daddy Bill, which is what I call Bill Redmond.  We were at Poplar Pizza together today.  He and his twin brother, Bob, were born in November, 1929, a couple of months after their dad passed away.  He did tell me that his dad died from pneumonia.  Bill did say that his grandmother and grandfather raised him.  Also, when I was looking for any notice of the birth of the twins, I saw where there was a Raymond Redmond mentioned, going to college, doing some things.  Raymond Redmond was Bill's uncle.  Now, in 1929 we had The Howard Courant and The Howard Citizen.  I only looked in the Howard Citizen.  I will look for something that tells us the Redmond twins were born in November, 1929, when I get a chance.  I wish I had more time to do this research.  I just LOVE the new micro film machine the library has.  Thank you to all the people who donated money so the library could get that thing. 

larryJ

I went looking for a letter that my aunt Mary Ellen Snodderley had sent some years ago.  In it she states that she was babysitting Edith when some men brought Forest Redmond home. He worked for the phone company and had been struck in the side by a pole.  In a short time, Forest died of pneumonia.  About two months later, Bill and Bob were born.

So now I've heard that he died six weeks prior and two months prior.  A book I have shows that he died in September 1929 and the twins were born in November 1929.  I think he might be buried at Grace Lawn.  So his actual date of death would probably be on the tombstone.  larryJ
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk