Mullendore Murder Case

Started by genealogynut, April 05, 2007, 01:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I am sure that E.C. Mullendore and family were related to Noel Mullendore and his Father Dave, in fact in the book it mentions that when the original Mullendore,who was John,  came to Kansas, from Indiana in the late 1800s they settled on a farm near Howard. On the same page in the book where it is discussing Erd Mullendore's preparation for the run in the Cherokee Strip it says:One night in the farmhouse at Howard".At the time E.C. III was murdered I happened to live in Bartlesville Oklahoma and worked with the ex-wife of E.C. III's bodyguard, Chub Anderson. We immediately bought a copy of the book when it came out,  in later years we acquired another copy for one of our sons. In the Elk County History book it also discuss that John Mullendore came from Indiana and settled near Howard, two of his sons mentioned were Erd C. and David,  it appears thatErd C. was E.C. III"s Grandfather and David "Dave" Mullendore his brother, was Noel Mullendore's father.

We love reading the topics in the forum.
Frank Winn

Janet Harrington

Now, I may be wrong, but I believe that the Mullendores had a farm northwest of Howard.  My ex-father-in-law, Dale Lee, owned that farm at one time.  I am pretty sure that Dale's farm was in the Mullendore family.

Wilma

When we moved over here in 1947, it was called the Mullendore Ranch.  I don't know who was operating it or for how long.  It is located 2 miles north of Lynn Perkins.

Mom70x7

Yes - the Mullendors lived northwest of Howard.

I don't know where, but when I drive Izola Moore places, she tells stories about the Mullendores.

frawin

The Mullendore ranch was NW Howard or just North of Ralph Perkins , I beleve that R.E. Combs from Bolivar Missouri purchased it from the Mullendores, Dale Lee acquired it from R.E. Combs and now Pat Moore , son of Paul and Izola owns it.

Janet Harrington

Wow, Frank, you are just an absolute wonder.  Thank you for joining our forum because we need people like you to remember these things.

Sherri

Just to let you all know.  The Mullendore murder truly did happen.  One of my best friends was married to the grandson of the Mullendore that was murdered.  She is divorced from that family now but Eric Mullendore's brother still lives in Sedan on a lot of the Mullendore land and raises horses and cattle and Eric is in Oklahoma.  The man murdered was Eric's mothers father.  It is still unsolved but was quite the story according to my girlfriend.  Very wealthy family then and still.  I don't know the details other than what I have told you.  Julie Mullendore, which is one of my best friends was the 6th grade teacher in Moline for a few years.  She taught Tania.
SMILE AND EVERYONE SMILES WITH YOU!!!!

Jody

E C MULLENDORE WAS 32 YEARS OLD  WHEN HE WAS KILLED.  HIS CHILDREN  [LINDA JR.,CLINT, E. C.I IV AND ERIC.]

CrumCowgirlMama

I am currently reading the book and let me tell you, it is packed full of information. I've done research on the murder for about the past year and finally decided I needed to just read the book to really get the answers I wanted.  It has been so helpful. I have to stop reading every now and then and write down things, sit and ponder them, and then go back to reading. It is really excellent for any of those who are researching the murder of E.C. Mullendore.

Janet Harrington

In talking about the forum with a friend, he has told me that he knows exactly where the farmhouse was where the Mullendore clan started when they came from Indiana.   If anyone is interested in knowing where, send me a personal message, I will give you the telephone number of my friend.  However; this property is private property and I would recommend that if you think you want to look at the foundation, you get permission from the owner, who is my friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk