Why Get Vaccinated?

Started by Wake-up!, February 02, 2021, 09:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake-up!

While OSHA does not speak to the efficacy of the vaccinations in protecting the person getting vaccinated, it admits there is no proof that the vaccination prevents transmission!!

Scroll down this page to #15;  https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/safework

Here it is; 15. Not distinguishing between workers who are vaccinated and those who are not: Workers who are vaccinated must continue to follow protective measures, such as wearing a face covering and remaining physically distant, because at this time, there is not evidence that COVID-19 vaccines prevent transmission of the virus from person-to-person. The CDC explains that experts need to understand more about the protection that COVID-19 vaccines provide before deciding to change recommendations on steps everyone should take to slow the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.

How dumb do they think we are? How dumb are we?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.
- Harry Browne, 1996/2000 Libertarian Party Presidential candidate

Diane Amberg

Wow! I got a response! I'm assuming you are well yourself and perhaps don't know anyone who has had Covid.We are full of it here. Being a college town, that has opened and closed in many forms over the last year, Newark has people coming and going from many states. One of our big problems is that transmission is much easier than the regular seasonal  flu. These new variants do worry me. As far as vaccinations, I do what my own doc wants me to do. Somewhere along the line I got old (76...HA!) and do have some health issues, so I'm cautious anyway.
I just had a muscle ache after the first Moderna shot, but many people have a rough time for one day after the second one. We'll see what happens.
Yes, I  expect to keep wearing masks and sanitizing after I, hopefully, have my own immunity built up. A far as reading articles, I do read everything that comes my way, so thank you for your connection.There is so much yet to be learned about this newish bug. It's hard to believe it's only been a year, from the scientists point of view, since this thing jumped on us.
Are we ''dumb?" It depends on the age group, I think, The young adults here are so impatient with everything. I don't know how they would have dealt with the earlier generations' problems...rationing during WWII,  with all the ration points, etc.They don't want to be inconvenienced. My own Kansas grandfather had the "Spanish' flu and survived, but other family members didn't and a few didn't get it at all. Who knows? This is a world pandemic, not just here. We just need to take it a day at a time. Have a good day.

Wake-up!

Hi Mz A, I see New Joisey is reporting in. That's a good thing. Stay with it please. And maybe knock the ear wax out of a few Elk County old friends and get a few more vocal visitors to the forum. It isn't much of a forum when most of the contribution comes from two wacked-out conspiracy theorists. Ha Ha. Well, I probably shouldn't speak for Redcliffsw, so just a single Ha.

Sixty-two on my garden thermometer today, with single digits nights a few days off!! And I have seeds germinating indoors. Seeds and I are both hoping for a good growing season. I can smell quarts of gumbo in my pressure canner.

I honestly was not responding to your reply to the Tony Robbins info. I did not see it until this afternoon.

I do not know how people with a reasonable amount of training in the medical field and/or a rationale mind can buy the constant verbal diarrhea from the MSM and political hacks that 0.1% to 0.3% mortality world-wide is a pandemic. It isn't, or should I say numbers that low never have been a pandemic until politics corrupted medical science. Pandemics have classically had mortality at least tenfold of what the world is now experiencing (and epidemics even higher at least in transmission and illness, if not mortality). And of course those manipulative morons in charge called it a pandemic before it was three weeks old!! Hell-o!!??! They had NO way of knowing or modeling such a result at that point. They pre-determined it. Everybody needs to back off the gas pedal of fear mongering. And social attitudes should never dictate to scientific study. Nor should political expediency redefine medical terminology.

How many of those college kids have zero symptoms? How many of those positives are therefore false positives? Are cycle thresholds (CT) reported? How many CTs of the so-called positives have CTs over 30, maybe over 25? Right now the consensus of world medical literature that I read says over 25 does not have enough viral genetic material to be infective or contagious. The naysayers to this are the so-called public health experts. (Back in June the Portuguese public health experts held four French (or Germans) who tested positive. They were quarantined for months. They sued. In early December a Portuguese court found for the French (or Germans), saying analysis showed the PCR test was wrong up to 97% of the time.) And in this country it is solid gold??!?

I will side with practicing physicians any day. And those who know me understand I side with allopathic medicine very reluctantly. The gist of this is, the rhetorical 'we' will not know the facts for years, until emotions and hatred have toned down and the political hacks have moved on to another agenda. It is a grave shame that the people we elect to represent us, fail to do so while they misrepresent what is happening to line their own pockets, democrats and republicans alike.

I don't wear a mask anywhere and usually win out when confronted by some business. If I don't, I tell them I'll never do business with them again, and will encourage others to stay away also. Then I leave. My body, my choice, my responsibility. My last vaccination was in Navy boot camp in 1970. I even managed a long trip to the wonderful, scenic and friendly beaches of the South China Sea, without a vaccination going over or returning. I was a medic and gave the hell out of vaccines to ship's personnel and Marine troops. The Chief of the medical department had been in the Navy about 32 years. It was something like his ninth cruise. He said we medics could take vaccinations if we wanted, but they did no good and might make us sick. To a man we opted out. Just as thousands of nurses world-wide are opting out today. Just a millions of people will, even if governments claim it to be mandatory.

Generations come and go, but fundamental understanding carries on. There is no singular path that works for everyone. Choice on this must be the individual's, not a governing body nor the collective. What politics has denigrated to today is, either buy the group grope or your individuality becomes a domestic threat.

I'm fairly certain the next six years will give the previous two generations all the experience of rationing that they will care to handle. And I doubt it will go well. And I will not blame their impatience, the lack of resources from A to Z will not be their fault. I would prefer to see them simply walk away and start new lives from scratch by placing their families' integrity and safety first. Those with a solid work ethic and a self start ethos will be the survivors.

Old age has allowed something in the back of my mind to escape untyped. It may return, it may not. Glad to see you here, hope you hang out. Won't blame you if you do not.

Oh, was this the missing thought - thinking of changing my pseudonym from Wake-up! to morethancynical.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.

readyaimduck

Wow!  great discussion on both sides.
My feeling is:  I don't want to be responsible for my or anyone's sickness.  I will do my part of the mask, as it not a big thing to me.  As far as the shots I will wait until all of those who wish to have it, get it.
Damned if we do and damed if we don't.  This thing is so new, is it better to wait until all the facts are in before we act? Or act without all the facts?

I will follow science and I believe they are working as fast as they can.
OSHA is a good thing, but I believe they inserted some opinion into that article.  As their disclaimer satates, they are not endorsing any third party links.

This generation is a me, me, me  group.  I need to introduce them to my cousin: 
Buck...the system!

Keep up the discussion..so refreshing to not get angry anymore when discussing.

ready .....to be shot.....eh vaccinated.

redcliffsw

Well said, Wake-up!  Can't disagree with anything you've said. 

readyaimduck

Wakeup:  Help me to understand that if, your body your choice not to support a business that wishes you wear a mask or demands you do, why would you inflict your opinion on others to do the same? 

ready

Wake-up!

Stating an opinion is not telling others to do the same. If you read my posts you should know that I am for voluntary interaction between all people, in other words you make your choices for your life, I make mine. I will join forces with others who feel the way I do and boycott organizations that deny people the Right to choose for themselves. Part of voluntary behavior is the Right to choose whom we associate with, and whom we disassociate with/from. I deliberately do both.

I do believe the bigger the picture one sees, the better one can take his/her opinions and act on them as he/she sees fit. So I will always present a viewpoint that varies from what the MSM claims. I haven't trusted the media since I discovered good old Walter Cronkite lied about the Vietnam War. I feel it is important for folks to hear 'the rest of the story'.

We all have opinions and the Right to express them. Some people share them, some do not. But we all have them. Sorry you feel inflicted by my opinion (and possibly by the opinion of others?). Maybe the government has a mask you can wear to protect you from opinions!! Give Biden a shout out, maybe he'll mandate singular opinions in life, maybe he's already trying. :<))

Diane Amberg

Hi again. By the way, my "Newark' is the one in little ( less than a million population) Delaware.  (yes, Joe Biden's home.) It is pronounced New Ark, for the New Ark of the Covenant, not the ''New Joisey" one (ha) which is pronounced "Newerk" from new "work," describing new construction going on long ago.
I hope you all are not having any of the problems poor Texas is having. I feel so bad for them. I have friends who recently moved to Spring Texas. I have no idea how they are fairing.
Having gotten both my shots now, in two weeks we'll start venturing out more. (still wearing masks) I got a minor reaction to my second Moderna for one day. I'm not the least upset at being expected to keep wearing a mask. Yes, the medical folks still aren't sure if we can spread it without being sick ourselves.
We had a number of our firehouse folk who were exposed and quarantined early on, several who tested positive, several who got sick, and two who died. One, at age 43, had  rather severe Covid, got better and then while out with his wife, he dropped dead at their table. He was worked on for two hours and then they called it. I'm still dealing with that as he and his family were/are very close and special friends.
The college students on campus are tested often... mandatory. The ones who live off campus in the community can't be made to do it, but it is strongly recommended. I really don't know how the campus statistics shake out. UD is very tight lipped. Many classes are still virtual except for labs.
Much of our business district is now open at half capacity, with masks, but is doing a lot of take out too. We've ordered take out, more often than usual, to help keep them going. They do delivery and also have curbside pick up.
I'll be starting some tomatoes next week. I've had it with all our ice and snow... more than usual. Bring on spring!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk