Using Forum

Started by Jane, August 30, 2018, 07:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

It is really sad, now that no one is arguing. Members are not using the forum for anything.

Catwoman

I think the relentless bullying drove a lot of people away.  I miss the old days, when all of the regulars were contributing...It was such a positive thing.

larryJ

I agree with both of you.  Granted Elk County is probably not a hotbed of happenings but I am sure there are events or other things that happen and nobody says anything about it.  I guess mostly because they feel that the Forum is dead and nobody would read it.  There are many of us who do not live there and in my case it has been many years since I was able to visit there.  But still my family roots are in Elk County and I like to hear what is going on.  I never saw anything about the Elk County Fair this year or maybe I missed it.  Does it still happen?  I see more on Face Book from my Elk County friends and cousins then I do on the Forum. 

Perhaps there should be a more active "remember when or remember this" kind of category.  Where I live in Covina CA there is a blog that has 2700 members.  Daily there are postings about the past such as pictures of Covina in the earlier days.  Entries also include schools and years of graduations, stores that don't exist anymore, and people who used to live here and went on to become well known maybe only briefly.  For instance there was a teacher at the local high school where my kids eventually went to who became a country singer by the name of Donna Fargo.  Or restaurants both old and current that people enjoy going to.  People sometimes reunite through these postings. 

Just a thought.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Mom70x7

I'm one of the ones that "gave up." Even when I posted activities about school or town, I felt attacked as others would tell me how biased and unhealthy those institutions were. I just got tired of the battle.

Diane Amberg

I'd like to post more often, but I'm not sure how it would be received since I'm a "stowaway." I'm still healing from some of the past insults and unnecessary attacks. Hopefully some of the worst bullies have lost interest.

Catwoman

It would appear that at least three or four of the worst offenders seem to have moved on, possibly.  The problem with that kind of cancer is that it usually makes a resurgence.  Part of the reason why a lot of the regulars have lost interest in ever being on here again.

Diane Amberg

I do hope you are right. Being a bully and narcisitic seems to be very fashionable among some now. I'll be so glad when that runs its course and goes away.Have a great day.

larryJ

We recently had an episode with bullying.  Two weeks ago our 14 year old granddaughter was accosted by another girl at her school.  Our granddaughter is an honor roll student, gets straight A's, is passionate about her softball games.  She has no issues with any teachers at the school.  The girl who accosted her is the total opposite barely getting by.  She approached our granddaughter and told her she was going to beat her up and cut her up and put her in the trash.  This escalated to a physical confrontation where blows were exchanger.  As a result our granddaughter received a one day in school suspension which will not show on her record.  Some kind of code so that it doesn't reflect on her school record.  The other girl was suspended for two weeks and probably will not be allowed back to this school and will be sent to a continuation school.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I'm so sorry to hear about that. It seems to be everywhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk