We Are Tenants, Not Landowners

Started by Wake-up!, May 12, 2017, 08:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake-up!

"Now that idyllic 2000-acre organic farm, which has produced reasonably priced organic wheat, field peas, barley, Einkorn, and beef for thousands of people across the country, is about to be sprayed against their will with Roundup and other harmful pesticides, due to a ruling from their local municipality about invasive plants."

Read the full story here;
http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/an-oregon-county-govt-plans-to-douse-azure-standards-organic-farm-in-pesticide-05122017

What has property ownership become when what is owned is heavily taxed for the public good, when most activities on the property require a permit from a public authority, and public activities such as the one described can be forced upon private ownership? And private ownership can be forced to pay for something they do not want? I do not consider that to be private ownership!

To bring the concept to little Elk County, which happily lacks many of the regulations the rest of the population bears, my local community claims landowners and other residents must mow their yards. And if they do not, the community employees will commit criminal trespass to mow it for them. And charge them for it! It appears we are merely tenants on the property we believe we own.

But in little Elk County, the community - tenant relationship goes further. As residents and landowners my local community tells us we are also required to mow and maintain the public rights-of-way adjacent to our properties. And we are to do this for no compensation. Tenants? Hell, we are slaves, forced to work for free.

I won't ask if this offends anyone :<))
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.
- Harry Browne, 1996/2000 Libertarian Party Presidential candidate

upoladeb

Hell yes and I don't care who knows it!

jarhead

Wake-up,
I agree with you on thinking I own my place but if I don't pay Matthew, the tax collector, then he/they own it.
On keeping ones yard mowed---can you imagine what the town would look like if half the people let their place go to Johnson grass and green briars ? Say I lived next door to you (thankfully I don't  :angel: ) but say I did. I keep my yard well groomed but you let your weeds grow arse deep to a tall Indian. In your case there would be Baby Moon hub caps laying around in the weeds, full of rain water ---a spawning ground for skeeters ! The rats and mice would thrive in your jungle and before you know it the feral cats would move in thinking it was a rodent buffet----then the coyotes would move in to eat the cats---then the timber wolves would move it to eat the yotes---after the rats and mice and the cats and the yotes are all gone where do you think them wolves would go ? That's right---in my well groomed yard to eat Miss Maggie Two Shoes, my crippled dog. I hope I have explained this to where a simple person such as yourself understands. :D
Oh yea---why we have to mow the public right away ?---if we didn't the city would have to hire more employees just to do it and then how would we pay them? Yep, Matthew would want more money. The other alternative would be for the city to spray Round-Up on all the bar ditches and then even you should know what would happen next---no grass roots and the ditches would erode to the point you would need a bridge or a zip line to cross a ravine to get onto your property.

Wake-up!

Jar'd-
That first sentence of yours is a doozie. You clearly defined the actions of the Mafia . . . . and our government certainly is every bit of what you said. You might want to gander at the following website;

http://freedomforallseasons.org/AllodialLandPatentReports/DO%20YOU%20HAVE%20ALLODIAL%20TITLE%20ON%20YOUR%20PROPERTY_html.htm

It pretty well spells out just how and why we do NOT own the land we believe we do. And it makes sense. The only way a government can regulate all the activities on so-called private land is if the land isn't private. Still, I'll stand my ground on mine and make the man prove it isn't mine. And I hope Azure Standard stands their ground, too.

If I were not not coerced into mowing, I would have tall grass prairie in my yard. And I find that much more attractive than a 3/4" stubble of grass. I'd no doubt have everything you mentioned in my yard. But when those fur bearers arrived the huntin' would surely improve. You forgot to mention all the wild flowers that grow in tall grass, and all the pollinators those flowers attract, and how much more and richer honey could be had. Not mention we'd all have more maters and peppers and watermelon, and, well, just more of about everything that is good for us to eat. All thanks to those pollinators.

Hell Jarhead, had I known how much you approve of using slave labor to maintain road right of ways, I'd have invited you over to mow mine several years ago. I have right of way on three sides of my property, You're more than welcome to come mow it right after you mow yours. I'll expect you weekly. Thanks. And heck, if it doesn't get done, I'll have the City send you a bill. Upoladeb, do you have any right of way for Jarhead to mow?

We'll take a smoke brake or two while you mow, maybe we can settle another problem. Last month my water meter read 'zero' for usage. So I showed the City where they multiplied wrong, "Look, zero times 24.75 is zero, not 24.75. If the City shows no service to me, they shouldn't be charging me." I got several laughs but no explanation of being charged for no services provided. Maybe we can figure a way you can pay my water bill, too.

Thanks Jarhead, good post, let's do it again :<))
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.

The greatest mistake in American history was letting government educate our children.

upoladeb

I personely live in the country,but own land in Longton.And hate how the tenants keep their yards

jarhead

No wake-up---we aint doing it again. Trying to reason with you is like trying to reason with ol Sarge. I'm better served to go out and talk to the piss-elm tree in my yard !!
Deb, did you see Wake-up's public right away, today ? The lad was mowing them and I think he was actually enjoying himself. He did such a spiffy job I'm gonna ask the mayor to appoint him to mow all the towns ditches. :angel:

Wake-up!

Old Sarge, a piss-elm . . . . . and Jarhead. Good company I'm keeping. Dang platoon Sergeants had a tough row to hoe, keeping 17-year old splibs and chucks from fighting each other.

There's a world of difference between voluntary actions and coerced actions. Be sure, Jarhead, I'm keeping a log of the minutes I spend on that public right of way. And when the mowing season is over, I'm sending our little local government a bill for services rendered. I'll probably use the same hourly rate the City uses. Oh, I'll record it at the County first, maybe find a notary too. That'll twist some knickers, like sticking a broomstick in a hornet nest. And I have all summer to get a handful of other land owners to join me! Dude, coercion shall not abide.

You running for one of the two seats on the council this fall? Or maybe the mayor's seat? My Bill might one of your first agenda items. Welcome to city government, probie.

upoladeb

we been mowing the bar ditches from our fence to the edge of the road since we moved here 14? years ago and no one even sent us a letter.The neighbor don't and it sure makes ours look good.Jar I challenge any one to have straighter rows in their garden then you!

Wake-up!

Yep, Jar's rows sure are pretty . . . . . and straighter than his gig line.

sixdogsmom

Hi Deb, I did call, but just in case you missed it, my number is 647-3616. Thanks, Edie.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk