GIESY, John "Larry" - b. October 7, 1944 - d. February 14, 2017

Started by patyrn, February 26, 2017, 09:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

A Prayer Service and Celebration of Life for Larry Giesy, former resident of Moline, Kansas, will be held Saturday, March 4, 2017 beginning at 4:00 p.m. at Schmidt Funeral Home, 1334 W. Grand Parkway South, Katy, Texas.

Funeral Mass and interment will occur in Moline, Kansas on March 25, 2017.  More details will be posted when received.

patyrn

John "Larry" Giesy passed away February 14, 2017 with his family at his bedside. He came into the world sideways in 1944 which gave him his unique perspective of the world.  He loved regaling people with stories about life which frequently turned into the longest jokes known to man.

Larry was a "jack of all trades".  He worked on the farm and oil fields, a cheese plant and ice cream shop, delivered newspapers and sold encyclopedias door-to-door, was an iron worker, and was a manager of a grocery store before finally settling in the insurance industry where he worked until he became ill.  Larry also joined the United States Army Reserve in 1968, specializing as a Medic and reaching the rank of Sergeant.

Larry married the love of his life, Joyce Goodnight, in 1968.  The union was blessed with a son and daughter.  He loved spending time with both, teaching his son carpentry and mechanics and building sand castles with his daughter.  He also loved camping and fishing, often taking his family on camping trips throughout the Southwest.  These are memories his family will cherish forever.

Larry is survived by his wife of 48 years, Joyce; his son, David and wife, Lindsay; his daughter, DeAnne and husband, Rocky; and sisters, LeAnne and Sharon.  He also leaves behind two grandchildren with one on the way, many nieces and nephews, and too many friends to list.

A Prayer Service and Celebration of Life will be held Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. at Schmidt Funeral Home, 1334 W. Grand Parkway South, Katy Texas.

A Funeral Mass will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Moline, Kansas at 10:00 a.m. followed by burial of the ashes at Mount Olivet Cemetery.  In lieu of flowers................as Larry would say, "check your oil and tire pressure". 

(taken from the Schmidt Funeral Home website)

Larry was the son of  former residents of Moline, Kansas, the late John L. "Jack" and Mary (Hogan) Giesy.  He graduated from Moline High School.  His wife, Joyce, is the daughter of the late Ed and Alice Goodnight of Howard, Kansas.  The Giesy Family were the original owners of Toot's Drive-In in Howard.

frawin

Myrna and I send our Condolences to the Family. LeeAnne if you remember you and I played Bingo at the Howard Fair around 1960 or 1961, I still have the Black and White Plastic Horse we one. I married Myrna Buffalow and we are coming up on 53 Short years of Marriage. Myrnas Grandmother Ethel Green always claimed that she Named Mary Toots. May the Good Lord Love and keep all of you Good Night from Kansas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk