WILSON, Johnnie Lynn "Grass" - b. November 24, 1948 - d. February 21, 2017

Started by patyrn, February 23, 2017, 12:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Johnnie Lynn "Grass" Wilson, age 68, of Moline, Kansas, passed away Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at his home in Moline, Kansas.  He was born on November 24, 1948 in Winfield, Kansas to Vernon Lynn Wilson and Mildred Esther (Caugher) Wilson.

Johnnie grew up in Moline, Kansas and graduated from Moline High School in 1966.  After high school, he graduated from Independence Community College with an Associate's degree.

On June 6, 1970, he married Cheryl Renee Easum in Moline, Kansas.  They lived in Moline all of their married life.  Johnnie worked as a heavy equipment operator for Martin Marietta for 43 years, retiring in 2012.  He also was the caretaker for the Moline Cemetery for many years.

Johnnie was a member of the Elk County Rodeo Association and the Moline Alumni Association.  He loved spending time with his kids and grandkids.  He enjoyed going to Branson, Missouri for vacations and also loved taking his dog, Baby, for rides in the truck.

Johnnie is survived by one son, Tyson Wilson and wife, Angie of Moline, Kansas; one daughter, Lindsey Wiseman and husband, Jeff of Howard, Kansas; two brothers, David Wilson and wife, Jeanie of Buckeye, Arizona and Robert Wilson and wife, Sherry of Moline, Kansas; eight grandchildren; one great-grandchild; and many other family and friends.  He was preceded in death by his wife, Renee, on March 18, 2010.  He was also preceded in death by his parents and one brother, Stephen.

Church service will be held on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. at the Moline Baptist Church in Moline, Kansas with Larry Taylor and Pastor Gene Simowitz officiating.  Burial will follow at the Moline Cemetery in Moline.  The casket will be closed.  The family has suggested memorials to the Moline Baptist Church or the Moline Cemetery Association and may be left in care of the Dickens Family Funeral Home, 209 N. Douglas, Sedan, Kansas 67361.

(taken from the Dickens Family Funeral Home website)

Catwoman

:'( :'( :'(  Many prayers going up for Tyson, Lindsey and their families.  I loved Grass.  He was always such a gentleman. 

sixdogsmom

Edie

Catwoman

Yes, they were.  When I see pics of Lindsey's oldest daughter, I am reminded of Renee'. 

debbiejwilson

I just came across this thread. I am researching my Wilson family there in Moline area. 'Grass' would be my 2nd cousin 1x removed. Does anyone know if the Wilsons still farm and/or own farmland there in the area? Any information would be helpful. My family tree goes through 'Grass's father's father's father, William Logan Wilson who came to Kansas back in the 1800s. Thanks!!

patyrn

Robert Wilson, brother of Johnnie "Grass" Wilson, still lives in Moline, Kansas.  You could try to contact him there.  I am also a distant relative through Lillie (McCracken) Wilson, the wife of Robert Wallace Wilson, Johnnie's grandfather.

My e-mail address is:  patyrn@sbcglobal.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk