Gun Control: Hawglegs and Hawgwash . . .

Started by redcliffsw, December 05, 2016, 06:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Hurray! I got under your skin...same as Trump. Except he tweets and tells all manner of lies there.
You and Red have this all to yourselves now, so it no longer matters if the subject matter fits or not. Perhaps we'll start posting political recipes on here. Nobody cares. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Got things to do and gun lovers to go visit for lunch. With nobody to annoy, perhaps you'll dehydrate and blow away. Whoosh!

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 09, 2017, 10:51:21 AM
Hurray! I got under your skin...same as Trump. Except he tweets and tells all manner of lies there.
You and Red have this all to yourselves now, so it no longer matters if the subject matter fits or not. Perhaps we'll start posting political recipes on here. Nobody cares. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Got things to do and gun lovers to go visit for lunch. With nobody to annoy, perhaps you'll dehydrate and blow away. Whoosh!

R O F L M A O

You the laughing stock of the internet
You the self-appointed spell checker
You the person that doesn't know what the space bar is for
You the person full of self-pity
Got under my skin
Not hardly
You, my dear should hide in shame
I have nothing but sympathy for your lack of comprehension.
So you just go on thinking about your imaginary friends from the Twilight Zone
and please try to get over your infatuation with me.
I am far to great a person for your ilk
And you know what?
I never brag!
I just want you to be aware and not mis-led!

R O F L M A O

Diane Amberg

Trump doesn't brag or make fun of people either...or think he is superior.  Yeh, sure. Ya must be related. He doesn't care a hoot about gun control, as long as it doesn't affect him.
(I'm trying to do better with the space bar, but I still forget sometimes.) I guess I'll never know why my very exisitance bothers you so much. I've never known such a self centered, thin skinned person. As far as who I know here and what kind of friends they are, you are totally clueless. It is different in a very small state like this one. All people do take care of each other and yes, they would change a tire or give someone a ride or special help if they needed it. Joe Biden, for one, has always been that way.
It's funny how things work out when one is older and starts looking back. Our new County Executive dated my niece years ago, Joe Biden was a County Councilman when Al worked in the County Planning Dept. and we've been friends with Gov. John Carney for many years. An old pal is now the Mayor of the City of Wilmington, and the Mayor of Newark is a special friend too. Who could have ever forseen such turns of events long ago? With all of us, it isn't the party that matters, it's the quality of the person.
In 2006, I was lucky enough to be given a state fire service lifetime achievement award and John Carney was there  at our table to lend support as a friend.
In the big scheme of life these things are little and mean nothing, but they do keep life from being boring, and it's nice to see friends succeed. Most of my friends are retired now, many of the younger ones moving on to really interesting second careers.
You seem to be interested in politics too, but in a much different contrarian way. It must be very frustrating for you to always be running on a political tread mill that seems to going nowhere. Boring? I hope you can find real fulfilling happiness so picking on me isn't so important to you....nobody cares but you.

proelkco

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 10, 2017, 09:05:44 AM
Trump doesn't brag or make fun of people either...or think he is superior.  Yeh, sure. Ya must be related. He doesn't care a hoot about gun control, as long as it doesn't affect him.

You my dear Diane are the braggart not I,
Folks just read on down this thread, she brags about being with the Governor..
She is a name Dropper, see the name Joe Biden, the biggest weirdo in politics.
Have you observed how he is handsy with other men's wives and with children.
That man is a real mental case. I wouldn't use him for a reference for picking up garbage/
But what Liberal is smart enough to know the difference?
I'm surprised you don't know Killary and Obuma personally?
That is people I would not give the time of day to.

(I'm trying to do better with the space bar, but I still forget sometimes.) I guess I'll never know why my very exisitance bothers you so much.

Try using you college degree to put a space between paragraphs.
Your very existence has never bothered me, your ignorance has, your abusive attitude has.
How often you have corrected other peoples spelling has. And you misspell all the tine.
You spelled existence as  exisitance  right up above in the quote. Your bragging about having a
college degree in how to teach kindergartners, had because of your arrogant ignorance,
that bothers me. Your failure to comprehend that local government is local citizens responsibility,
that bothers me. Your failure to understand you have no no voice in things locally here in
Elk County, to clarify for you so you comprehend, you have no vote.
But still I find you very entertaining, so truly, I welcome your existence.
See you are useful!

What was really bad was all your badgering people on this forum and then falling back on
self pity or name dropping idiots like Joe Biden. Neither which have anything to do with local
politics.

Shooting off you mouth about things of which you have no knowledge. Like stating a legal petition I wrote wasn't worth the paper it was written on. Ignorance on your part. The petition forced the School District to not raise property taxes just because they wanted to and to come to the voters for approval or disapproval for raising the property taxes. The voters and taxpayers gave them a resounding no.

April 26, 2011 to present on the thread " Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25 " you were nasty and mean spirited toward myself and others.

I am good to my word, however you are not.
You said you were putting me on ignore, but up lied.
You can't help yourself because of your infatuation with me.
My word was I would respond to you every time you called me out in any fashion.
I am keeping my word, where as you can not.

I've never known such a self centered, thin skinned person.

Self centered, hardly!
My actions have been for the better of the community on which I live.
I don't possess a college degree I am just a proud patriotic veteran and
a red neck hick that done for my fellow citizens with out payment of any kind

Thin skinned, hardly!
I spent ten years in the military during the Vietnam War.
I have worked in the oil fields with some of the roughest men you can ever meet.
These guys love to harass and be harassed and thin skins do not last long.
A person can not be thin skinned and survive that.

But you Diane are very thin skinned, always blaming someone else for your arrogant ignorance and displaying your self pity.  And saying things like "picking on me", that is being thinned skinned.

I am only being kind because you are a woman. Notice, I did not say Lady, that is because people and myself use the word to freely. To me you do not fit the bill.

As far as who I know here and what kind of friends they are, you are totally clueless. It is different in a very small state like this one. All people do take care of each other and yes, they would change a tire or give someone a ride or special help if they needed it.

I'm not clueless about your imaginary friends, not one little bit.
The only difference in your little state than any other state is you crowd more people into a smaller space.

Oh yea, Delaware has at least five mosques and a sizable Muslim population.
Now that's over crowding. Think what happens when they go Jihad ?
But then you probably believe Islamic Muslim Obama and have probably looked at the
Quran or Sharia Law.

People are people the world over.
The main difference in your little state is crowding more people in smaller space! LOL
Oh yea, Delaware has at least five mosques and a sizable Muslim population.
Now that's over crowding. Think what happens when they go Jihad ? I would not want to be living there. But then you probably believe Islamic Muslim Obama and have probably looked at the
Quran or Sharia Law.

Strangers will do the very same thing.
I have myself have done so for strangers.
And much more for poor people that I know.
And all for nothing more, than a grateful thank you.

Joe Biden, for one, has always been that way.
It's funny how things work out when one is older and starts looking back.

You mean handy with other men's wives and children.
It has been discussed numerous times in the news.
What a great man with slippery hands. LOL

Our new County Executive dated my niece years ago, Joe Biden was a County Councilman when Al worked in the County Planning Dept. and we've been friends with Gov. John Carney for many years. An old pal is now the Mayor of the City of Wilmington, and the Mayor of Newark is a special friend too. Who could have ever forseen such turns of events long ago? With all of us, it isn't the party that matters, it's the quality of the person.

Foreseen not forseen, where is that college degree Diane?

Who really cares?
Who would have thought years ago I would vote for Trump to keep Krooked Killary out of office.

In 2006, I was lucky enough to be given a state fire service lifetime achievement award and John Carney was there  at our table to lend support as a friend.

Lucky is most likely right!
I have a chest full of ribbons and medals from Vietnam, big deal!
Awards and ribbons and medals are handed out by big shots so they can feel important in front of the public. Because the person receiving the award is very quickly forgotten.  Oh yes, you remember yourself but they don't.

In the big scheme of life these things are little and mean nothing, but they do keep life from being boring, and it's nice to see friends succeed. Most of my friends are retired now, many of the younger ones moving on to really interesting second careers.

All these little things in life are of great importance to each and every individual, because it is part of their make up and personality. It's a shame you think they are unimportant and are of little or no meaning.

Oh, you are the only one over 70 on here with retired friends?
Amazing!
You are the only person with friends that have succeeded?
Amazing!

You seem to be interested in politics too, but in a much different contrarian way. It must be very frustrating for you to always be running on a political tread mill that seems to going nowhere. Boring? I hope you can find real fulfilling happiness so picking on me isn't so important to you....nobody cares but you.

You are showing your lack of comprehension once again.
My interest is in politicians that are hell bent on abusing the people that they supposedly work for!
My interest in politics has been to stop politicians from wasting taxpayer dollars!
My interest in politics has been stopping unnecessary property tax hikes.
My interest in politics is to air corruption in elected officials.
My interest in politics was to expose a County Commissioners NGO for what it was, a self serving tool for a very few
people to manipulate the community.
My interest in politics was to draw out the "Old Guard" in a new dress!
My interest in politics was an attempt to educated ignorant people like you that hold degrees in teaching Kindergartners. I'm sorry I failed you!

If you don't want to hear from me, keep your word and don't call me.

I am ignoring your lone cheerleader as a waste of time.

I was told I shouldn't waste my time on you.
But, I don't think of entertainment a waste of time. LOL

Bye-Bye for now Diane.
I'll have a surprise for you down the road a ways.

Diane Amberg

Oh my...Trump really does live in Kansas and makes up stuff. I have never said I went to college....long ago....to teach kindergarten, and I didn't, except for fire safety classes as a resource teacher. Spelling? You go back and fix yours and I'll fix mine. I didn't know I missed any.
Joe Biden is well liked here by all parties. I've been smooched and hugged by him many times.  That's just who he is. Only you would make it into something nasty. He'll be coming back to Newark to UD soon and will also be associated with Penn on special projects.
As far as Delaware 's population, why does it matter to you? I doubt you could even find it on a map. Very small, and a small population too, but it is growing. Downstate is all farm country. The farms aren't as big as some of  Kansas's huge corporation spreads, but are very respectable.
According to you, everything I say is "bragging". Let's attach the same label to you and we can cut out any conversation at all.
Who cares that you ran for office and lost? The sun will still rise. To my knowledge there were never any rules that posters  have to live there. There were...Were, I say, folks who had, like myself  had family there or had lived there at one time. Why shouldn't people  be interested in the local politics of the area? You think you can comment on our politicians. The difference is I actually know some of yours and you don't know anyone here. I'm related to folks there too, not many any more, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out who they are...another very common ''old time" local name.
You seem to think you can get rid of me so you and Red can have your own personal forum. Sorry, I'll come and go as I please unless I'm told otherwise, by those who actually matter. Thanks to the next President, telling the truth and sticking to it has no value any more. Neither does having any manners or "couth." Nothing is too low for him. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before we hear about an affair with his political advisor. Thanks to him, I can say whatever I want and just deny it later. HA! Except that's not my style and never will be.
Now, I've got a doc appointment and Al is taking me out for my birthday lunch. Perhaps you can find some one local to go pick on.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 11, 2017, 09:28:46 AM
Oh my...Trump really does live in Kansas and makes up stuff. I have never said I went to college....long ago....to teach kindergarten, and I didn't, except for fire safety classes as a resource teacher. Spelling? You go back and fix yours and I'll fix mine. I didn't know I missed any.

Nope Trump does not live in Kansas.
I have never liked Trump and can't say otherwise today.
BUT, I voted for his as the lesser of two evils --- the other being very evil and bile.

THE REMARK OF KINDERGARTEN  WAS SATIRICAL !  So sorry you didn't comprehend that.
So now you are saying you were never a teacher?
It took a degree to be a teacher 50 years ago.
Today though in some area's, they are making teachers out of people with no degree.
It's the progression of the "Dumbing Down of America"!

Joe Biden is well liked here by all parties. I've been smooched and hugged by him many times.  That's just who he is. Only you would make it into something nasty. He'll be coming back to Newark to UD soon and will also be associated with Penn on special projects.

I bet you really enjoyed those slippery hands of his, didn't you!
And it was all over the news about his perverted action, I did not make it so !
ROFLMAO

As far as Delaware 's population, why does it matter to you? I doubt you could even find it on a map.

The population of Delaware is of no concern to me. Delaware with it Mosques and Muslims don't bother me in the least because I don't live there. But you might concern yourself with all those illegal aliens that hate you infidels. They are in your very own backyard, not mine. . I was simply responding to your conversation of Maine out of politeness. You are right, Without my magnifying glass, I can't find the state of  Delaware, but yes to your demise (tongue in check), I do know my geography and I do know how to be sarcastic.

Who cares that you ran for office and lost?

It apparently matters to you or why would you bring it up?
Really the fact that I registered and withdrew matters none at all !
Oh yes, I did get on the ballot no doubt about that. Have you ever tried?
The only thing is I had a man running against me that I was not expecting.
Very few people care to take on any responsibility, are you one? Have you ever tried?
Well, I had been doing a lot of studying about being a School Board member by studying the Kansas State Laws and the Kansas State Department of Education rules to prepare for the position.

Like I said I learned another man had registered for the same position. So, I looked him up and had coffee with him and a very long conversation. Upon learning of his knowledge and the fact that he was a conservative, I decided he was better qualified for the position than I was, so I visited the Courthouse to have my name removed from the ballot. They refused to do so. So I wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper stating I was withdrawing and asked people to vote for the other man. Even thought I had withdrawn publicly I still received a good number of votes. Why? Because it caused a liberal to be elected instead of a conservative. A conservative with critical thinking skills, excellent problem skills and excellent leadership skills and thoughts of improving educational standards and thoughts of the property owner taxpayers. All of which the School Board has been missing for years. The present Board sits there like dummies with the Superintendent sitting at the head of the table controlling and manipulating the sheeple they are. The School Superintendents has absolutely no business sitting on the Board, he is not a voted member, He is their employee. It is not a Superintendent's meeting like the Board pretends it is. They need to grow up, they graduated years ago. I'll discuss local elections a little more a few sentences or paragraphs down.

The sun will still rise. To my knowledge there were never any rules that posters  have to live there. There were...Were I say, folks who had, like myself  had family there or had lived there at one time. Why shouldn't people  be interested in the local politics of the area? You think you can comment on our politicians. The difference is I actually know some of yours and you don't know anyone here. I'm related to folks there too, not many any more, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out who they are...another very common ''old time" local name.

The true story is the lifelong born and raised here in Elk County don't want or like outsiders. Even outsiders that have lived here 20 and 30 years are treated as outsiders.

When a local person attempted to start a business across the highway from Howard the shit hit the fan.

The city would not provide water services to the store.  So the store got builtafter the mother store took legal action and Howard did not apparently have the resources to fight them. As if that wasn't bad enough after the store got built and hired local people to work there, shit hit the fan again. According to rumors the young folks that were hired were told how terrible they were, they were ridiculed for working for the store. Threats were made that vehicles parked in the parking lot would be noticed and some form of retaliation would take place. That's the born and raised here attitude!

The joke amongst outsiders is, we were not inbred. Ha! Ha!

Everyone, not an outsider is related to everyone else in one way or another here in Elk County. So I gotta ask, are you an inbred? Don't answer that, I am just being onery! LOL
Do you comprehend, just kidding?

But consider, when there is a forum of candidates for office their main qualification for the positions and the first thing they say is, "I was born and raised here."

Another thing our long lost and failed NGO, community organizers (Obama comes to mind) ran by born and raised here people, Elk Konnected, LLC tried to tempt children to go to college and become entrepreneurs and return home to start business. You know what fat chance means, don't you.

You seem to think you can get rid of me so you and Red can have your own personal forum. Sorry, I'll come and go as I please unless I'm told otherwise, by those who actually matter. Thanks to the next President, telling the truth and sticking to it has no value any more. Neither does having any manners or "couth." Nothing is too low for him.I'm sure it is just a matter of time before we hear about an affair with his political advisor. Thanks to him, I can say whatever I want and just deny it later. HA! Except that's not my style and never will be.

Really you learned well from Obama and all his lies and administrations scandals !
I never said you could not have an opinion, it was all your attacks and ugly name calling and all your hounding other peoples spelling, when yours was no better I objected to. I did state you have no real voice in the politics because you can't vote here.  So you twist it all out of shape like a good Killary, Obama, Biden Liberal. It's too bad people have gotten wise to the liberal lies and twisting and voted Trump into office isn't it. LOL

Now, I've got a doc appointment and Al is taking me out for my birthday lunch. Perhaps you can find some one local to go pick on.

I'm not picking on you, I am simply responding to your post directed towards me.
This has been very entertaining, thank you.
But alas we all have important things to do don't we?

TTFN

Diane Amberg

No, I never taught kindergarten and never said I did. My certificate was for K-through 8.( There is no such certificate here now.) My classroom teaching was third, fourth and fifth.
When I left the classroom full time, I taught  fire safety to all grades, and adult safety meetings,  hand held fire extinguishers, (0nly female instructor) first aid and CPR for the big corporations here. (and state ambulance EMT. I taught lots more, but it would be boring to go over it all again and you'd twist it around and call me a liar. My assignments came by phone and were all over the state, but mostly New Castle and Kent County. Those contract jobs paid very well and were lots of fun. I never had to advertise. The jobs found me.The stable of qualified, licensed instructors was and still is very small. I was the only person who would go teach a night shift that started at 11PM!
That's how to succeed, find something that needs doing and go do it. Be good at it, impress the people in the class and a career is guaranteed.   You are still spelling words wrong. You still don't know how to use to too, and two. HA!

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 12, 2017, 10:37:17 AM
No, I never taught kindergarten and never said I did. My certificate was for K-through 8.( There is no such certificate here now.) My classroom teaching was third, fourth and fifth.

I was being facetious about Kindergarten. The point being a very limited education. As I said some areas today are using people that have no education in teaching. Does that tell you anything?

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 12, 2017, 10:37:17 AM
When I left the classroom full time, I taught  firesafety to all grades, and adult safety meetings,  hand held fire extinguishers, (0nly female instructor) first aid and CPR for the big corporations here. (and state ambulance EMT.I taught lots more, but it would be boring to go over it all again and you'd twist it around and call me a liar. My assignments came by phone and were all over the state, but mostly New Castle and Kent County. Those contract jobs paid very well and were lots of fun. I never had to advertise.The jobs found me.The stable of qualified, licensed instructors was and still is very small. I was the only person who would go teach a night shift that started at 11PM!
Thats how to succeed, find something that needs doing and go do it. Be good at it, impress the people in the class and a career is guaranteed.   You are still spelling words wrong.

My brother as a fireman with nothing more than a high school diploma taught all the same things. He taught school children, he even crawled on his knees with the children through fake smoke. He was often photographed for the newspaper while training. No college degree. He also had training as a Phlebotomists, no college degree.

What is the point of being the only woman!
That just doesn't make sense unless there is a feminist point to be made, is there?
I'm sure there women across the country that do the same things. LOL

Taking the job no other person wants? I just don't hardly believe that.

And instructing EMS people, give me a break?

To become an EMT, a student will need to apply to a state approved program that offers EMT training in Delaware.  Students will learn their skills through a variety of teaching methods, including didactic instruction, clinical rotations in hospital emergency rooms, and/or field internships with approved Ambulance Squads.

No, Diane I am not spelling words wrong, you see if they are wrong it is the fault of two different spell checkers. Spell checkers are not always right, yes there are words spell checkers may not know and require special spell checkers.

But you might do well to check you own spelling, I.E.  firesafety is suppose to be fire safety.
And sentences are suppose to have spaces between them. Check your own work before you check someone else's would be a good idea teacher. The space bar is the longest key on the keyboard. What did that college education teach you?  What the hell were you teaching  K-through 8th graders? How to be wrong and to check other people's work and not their own?

I just don't understand what you are trying to prove?

But here is a true fact for you Diane, we are both has-beens.

And I can deal with it. I can say I always enjoyed whatever job I did and I was proud of the fact that I worked for a living and made a good living. On a high school diploma that I really did not earn. I'm proud that I could survive being laid off and dealt in an excellent fashion a divorce and being homeless at about 45 years old and making a great come back. But that is all history and now I am proud to say I am a has-been.

I am also proud to say that I am still learning something new every day.

Diane Amberg

I don't need to prove anything. At 72 I'm just glad to still be alive. HA! I've had a very long and totally fascinating career.
Yes, there are women now teaching all the subjects that I taught back in the 60's when I was the only one here. Why does it matter? I was known as a ground breaker and yes, I'm proud of it. Back then I was the only female to be asked to go into the Wilmington Fire Dept.'s houses and teach the professional fully paid guys, I felt honored. They not only put up with me, but liked my approach to teaching. It was then that they hired the first two female firefighters. One has moved on and the other is a lieutenant now...I was asked to consult on their hiring, which amazed me too.
I don't understand why you are so desperate to find ways to put me down. Can't you just be pleased for me? It was long hours sometimes and hard work and was unusual at the time, but isn't so much now.
Who said a college degree was needed to teach kids' fire safety? It sure didn't come from me. It did allow me to publish though, (NFPA) and I wrote special lesson plans that many used. The "one handed pick up" for matches was developed by me...don't know if your brother ever used that one or not. He must love working with the kids. I know I did. I used a piece of long black cloth to use as the smoke to crawl under and I set off a smoke detector as the signal for the teacher to take the kids out, if it was a classroom setting.
I remember many years ago going to a conference where I got to meet the country's only female smoke jumper. She was fascinating to listen to. Now, one of my friends here is a seasonal smoke jumper for the forestry service, usually at those nasty huge wild fires out west.
As for your insistence that I'm ''bragging'', leave it to you to put down any attempt at social conversation. If people don't want to slug it out over politics, you have nothing to say. That is a shame . Now I've got some work to do for the Planning Commission so I'll go get to it. I'm not a quitter, but you are beyond hope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk