Government Approval of Everybody . . .

Started by redcliffsw, August 25, 2016, 06:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Republican State Senator Jonathan Perry of the Vermillion, Lafayette area, is working on legislation that could require training, certificates and a permit fee to allow these Good Samaritans to get past law enforcement into devastated areas.

Read on:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/gotta-regulate-people-helping-people/

Mcordell

I wouldn't worry about it.  Legislation like that stands no chance of getting passed.  Nobody would agree to limiting the help that is immediately available in a disaster area.  I certainly don't agree with it and I think it's a perfect example of government overreach to dictate who can and can't help in the event of an emergency.

redcliffsw

Looks like disasters are under the control of government. 

When the tornado hit Greensburg, Bush made two trips there.  The Fed's poured a lot of money into Greensburg and now it's quite the prosperous little town built with Federal money.  That's gonna cost the locals.

When the tornando hit Udall in the 1950's, Eisenhower never showed up nor did he have anything to do with it.  Look how the Fed's have expanded their authority/power since then.

Lately, Obama is visiting Louisiana for the flooding.  The Republicans will get involved therte too.  More government control.

It's easy to see why you're not worried.

Mcordell

I just said I felt as though that was an example of government overreach. How did this turn into an issue with me? There's nothing anyone can say to you that you are ever satisfied with. Sadly I knew better than to engage you in conversation but I figured in this case we had similar opinions.

Have a good day. Smile. Try to find something, anything that makes you happy.

frawin

Mike you should know by now that Redcliffe is ALWAYS RIGHT. We quit reading his BS along time ago, the only reason I read it now was because of your response. EVERYONE IN HOWARD AND ELK COUNTY HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Ross

Quote from: frawin on August 27, 2016, 11:36:28 AM
Mike you should know by now that Redcliffe is ALWAYS RIGHT. We quit reading his BS along time ago, the only reason I read it now was because of your response. EVERYONE IN HOWARD AND ELK COUNTY HAVE A GREAT DAY.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT!

Perhaps Mike should understand that you don't believe other people should have a different oplnion or view other than yours.
And that you don't believe others' can think for themselves.  $o you have to tell M8ke what to think.

Will you be doing the same thing if Mike perhaps gets elected as sheriff?
Tell him what to think, that is!

May you have a great evening.

Mcordell

Everyone is welcome to tell me what they think if I'm elected. In fact I would hope you would feel comfortable doing so. We may not always agree but at the end of the day elected officials work for the community. Ross I think you and I would probably see things differently sometimes but I'd welcome you to express your concerns to me if you have them. Sometimes it helps to see a situation from someone else's perspective.

Ross

Quote from: Mcordell on August 27, 2016, 06:58:14 PM
Everyone is welcome to tell me what they think if I'm elected. In fact I would hope you would feel comfortable doing so. We may not always agree but at the end of the day elected officials work for the community. Ross I think you and I would probably see things differently sometimes but I'd welcome you to express your concerns to me if you have them. Sometimes it helps to see a situation from someone else's perspective.

Mike, I have no problem with people expressing their opinion.
The problem I was addressing was putting someone down for having a different opinion and telling someone else how to think or what they should think.

I have in the past spoke with many of our Sheriff Deputies and the Sheriff as well.
I have even asked them for their opinions on some things.
Some time they don't answer and I appreciate their reasons for not answering.
But i was dumb enough to ask. I have never had any problem with our Sheriff's department and I have called on them a few times. They were always helpful and professional and yet a neighbor.

I have spoke with you personally and I welcomed you to Elk County. but I don;t expect you to remember me.
I told you i was just a crazy old fart and a few other things.

I hope you enjoy living here in Elk County as much as I do.

Ross

I just read an article about the US Coast Guard crossing the waters into Canada and saved the lives of a family whose home in a remote area was on fire. They notified Canada while they were doing it. Otherwise the family would have perished.

Normally i believe permission would be required, but this was not a normal situation. And I have yet to read of any complaints from Canada.

Mcordell

Quote from: ROSS on August 27, 2016, 08:38:29 PM
I have spoke with you personally and I welcomed you to Elk County. but I don;t expect you to remember me.
I told you i was just a crazy old fart and a few other things.

I hope you enjoy living here in Elk County as much as I do.

I do remember you. We have actually spoken on a few occasions. Once when you stopped in my driveway to visit, once when you initially passed around a petition and asked for a signature, and a few other times. You were also at the candidate forum, although we didn't speak as I didn't want toninterruptnyour conversation.

I do very much love living here and raising my children here. This is most definitely our home.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk