Big Fire

Started by sixdogsmom, March 24, 2016, 11:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Does anyone know why Elk County has not participated in controlling the big fire in Barber County? This fire has currently decimated approximately 400 thousand acres, several homes and numerous cattle. Any input? Anyone?
Edie

Mom70x7

I know there are a couple of Elk County fire fighters who have gone over to help fight the fire.

Wilma

I think that when you consider the conditions, that it would not be wise to send any of our equipment that far away from home.  We could just as easily have to fight a fire here.

sixdogsmom

God help us Wilma if we do get a big fire like that. Our neighbors could justifiably ignor our plight, since we did not respond to theirs. We are sitting here all smug in our small county with our small firefighting squads when we could easily have sent at least Some equipment and Some people to help with this awful fire. So sad.  :P :P
Edie

flintauqua

From Facebook posts, I know there were some Elk County volunteer firefighters that headed out to assist with the OK/KS fire as early as Wednesday evening.  I do not know if they went in any of Elk Counties equipment, or just on their own to help relieve crews with local equipment.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

frawin

There were Fires in Several areas, a friend of ours in Bartlesville told us there were Fires in Osage County and I think some in Washington County..We have a good friend That lives near Medicine Lodge, we keep seeing reports that there was a Fire all around Medicine Lodge, so I called him. He said it looked like they had it under Control.I think the Elk County Firemen were wise to stay home, the way the wind was Blowing, if any Fire got started in Elk County and all of their Firemen and Equipment was somewhere else, a lot of Homes would be Destroyed and lives could be lost.

flintauqua

Just saw another Facebook post.  Some of the Grenola firemen went out to the Medicine Lodge fire on Thursday, hauling two of their 6x6 trucks on semis.  From another post, I believe they are back in Elk County now.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk