A GOVERMENT WORKER TELLING ME THAT HE WANTS TO HELP ME
BRIAN WILLIAMS NEWS REPORTS
PRAYERS FOR PEACE FROM AL SHARPTON
PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH A SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL
AN EMAIL FROM A NIGERIAN PRINCE
THE HEIMLICH MANEUVER FROM BARNEY
FRANK A PROSTRATE EXAM DONE BY CAPITAIN HOOK
AND FINALLY-BILL CLINTON AT A GIRL SCOUT CONVENTION

What I remember of Jimmy Carter was the swimming "killer" rabbit, the failed hostage rescue attempt, and his introduction of zero based budgeting.

What I remember of Bill Clinton was women, women, and more women. He seems to have put Howard Hughes and maybe Wade Boggs to shame.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, Myrna and I have been life long Conservative Voting Republicans. In our opinion, Carter, the Clintons and Obama and All of the Left Wing liberals have ruined this Once Great nation. As you know I was the youngest in a BIG Family, my Parents and all of my Brothers and Sisters were all Very Hard Workers, and as far as I know they were all Conservative Voting Republicans. In my opinion Reagan-Bush was the best Presidential team in My Lifetime and I sure wish we had them back. As I have said on here before, "Each to his Own".

frawin

Waldo when I worked for Phillips in Midland, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush came to Midland.in 1980.When I started  with Phillips in 1970 WTI Crude at the Lease was $2.70 a Barrel . When I Moved to Midland in 1980 it was $39.00 a Barrel at the Lease. By 1986 Reagan had it down to $9.00 a Barrel. The Bush family lived in Midland, we sat behind George W. And Laura at the Football games. The first deal I did for Phillips with him was a Dryhole Drilling deal for a Well that W was Drilling in New Mexico. I left Phillips in 1988 and moved to a Company Called Lantern Petroleum, I was the Vice President,  Great Name For a Crude Oil Company, I am sure you agree. John Mills the Owner and President was Good Friends with HW, and when he came to Midland Campaigning in 1988 I got to meet him. I was really impressed with his Personality, Knowledge of Crude oil Production, Marketing and a lot of other subjects about Crude Oil. I was really disappointed that he did not get elected to a second Term. Especially since they Elected "Slick Willie". I read where the only Good thing about OBUMA was that he took Jimmie Carter out of first Place as being the Worst President ever. Again, to each his Own.

W. Gray

Quote from: frawin on March 10, 2016, 09:23:18 AM
Waldo when I worked for Phillips in Midland, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush came to Midland.in 1980.When I started  with Phillips in 1970 WTI Crude at the Lease was $2.70 a Barrel . When I Moved to Midland in 1980 it was $39.00 a Barrel at the Lease. By 1986 Reagan had it down to $9.00 a Barrel. The Bush family lived in Midland, we sat behind George W. And Laura at the Football games. The first deal I did for Phillips with him was a Dryhole Drilling deal for a Well that W was Drilling in New Mexico. I left Phillips in 1988 and moved to a Company Called Lantern Petroleum, I was the Vice President,  Great Name For a Crude Oil Company, I am sure you agree. John Mills the Owner and President was Good Friends with HW, and when he came to Midland Campaigning in 1988 I got to meet him. I was really impressed with his Personality, Knowledge of Crude oil Production, Marketing and a lot of other subjects about Crude Oil. I was really disappointed that he did not get elected to a second Term. Especially since they Elected "Slick Willie". I read where the only Good thing about OBUMA was that he took Jimmie Carter out of first Place as being the Worst President ever. Again, to each his Own.

Lantern Petroleum is a good name.

I recall when my grand folks on my mother's side lived on what is now June Bug road southwest of Howard. All their after dark lighting came from oil lamps. When it was time to go to bed my grandmother would grab a lamp by a handle and guide me to the bedroom. (goose down feather bed and pillow).

That changed when the Rural Electrification Act came through in 49 or 50. I cannot remember exactly but I think they only put electricity in the kitchen and then it probably would have been only one overhead light. It would probably have been too expensive to wire the entire house and they were already thinking of moving to town.

But, I do remember pushing a button just inside the kitchen door and a barn yard light on a tall telephone type pole would come on. I thought that was really neat. That light lit up the way to the outhouse, also.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk