The Andrews Sisters

Started by frawin, February 15, 2016, 07:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Does anyone on the Forum remember the Names of all of the Andrews Sisters. We could Think of Beulah Sheperd. Mary Ellen Snodderley, and the one that was Pete Leonard's Wife, for the life of me I CANNOT remember her name.

W. Gray

Quote from: frawin on February 15, 2016, 07:36:23 PM
Does anyone on the Forum remember the Names of all of the Andrews Sisters. We could Think of Beulah Sheperd. Mary Ellen Snodderley, and the one that was Pete Leonard's Wife, for the life of me I CANNOT remember her name.

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about Maxine, Laverne, and Patty and the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.

Does Eva sound about right?
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

HAHAHAHA Waldo, that was a good one. You made me think of the name, Emaline Leonard. I am positive there are more of them.

W. Gray

Quote from: frawin on February 15, 2016, 09:49:32 PM
HAHAHAHA Waldo, that was a good one. You made me think of the name, Emaline Leonard. I am positive there are more of them.

How about:
  Emaline Frances Andrews Leonard (1902 - 1984)
  Beulah Christine Andrews Shepherd (1903 - 1987)
  Iva Jane Andrews Jordan (1904 - 1966)
  Bernadine Edith Andrews Weyrauch (1905 - 1973)
  Eunice Opal Andrews Rhodes (1913 - 1994)
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

larryJ

There was another Andrews sister......
Clarice Ruth Andrews Anderson (1916=1997)
Also in this family were two brothers.........
Richard Elmore Andrews (1908-1996)
Albert Marvin (Jimmie) Andrews (1924-2012)

Pete and Emaline Leonard lived on a farm southwest of Howard.  When Pete retired from farming he became the caretaker of what was called Polk Daniels Lake.  I spent a lot of time at the lake with them when I was in town.  Emaline taught school there in Howard and surrounding areas.

Fred and Beulah Shepherd operated the Howard Cleaners.  They lived in Howard all of their lives.

Harry and Iva Jane Jordan moved from Howard to New Mexico seeking a drier climate because of her severe asthma.  He built a small house there in 1937.  When I last checked Google Earth the house was still there.  Harry worked for the telephone company as a lineman and Iva Jane was a schoolteacher.  Harry died in 1947 when I was three years old.

Bernadine married Forest Redmond and they had three children.....Edith and the twins Bob and Bill Redmond.  Forest died from pneumonia as a result of work injury at age 23 six weeks prior to the birth of the twins.  Bernadine then married John Weyrauch and they lived on a farm southwest of Howard.  Bernadine was in a auto accident around 1964 and spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair.

Richard married Florence Morgan and they lived many years in Oregon.  Upon retirement they moved to Tucson where Richard passed away from a heart attack while raking leaves.  Florence moved to California to be near her children and died in 2008.

Eunice married Ernest Rhodes and they lived in Topeka.

Clarice married Robert Anderson and they lived in the Washington, D.C. area.

Mary Ellen married Lyman "Buck" Snodderley.  They also owned Howard Cleaners for a while.  Buck was a mail carrier on rural routes in his later years.

Albert married Patricia Merliss and they lived in Wichita.  They owned and operated The Pancake House on the east side of town.  I seem to remember they might have opened a second one.  Uncle Jimmie was a WWII veteran receiving three Purple Hearts.  The last time he was wounded so bad he came home in a body cast and spent many months recuperating in an Army hospital.

In my earlier days we would always try to make the Lynam Family Reunion in Howard.  I dearly loved all my aunts and uncles.  The reunions were held at various places.......a school southwest of Howard, the fair grounds, the lake, the city park and the last ones at the Cox Community Center.

Hope this helps.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Delbert

Did  Emaline Leonard teach school?   I had someone with that name at Grenola.

frawin

Emaline was my teacher at Howard, when I was in the 4th grade.

larryJ

Delbert, it is highly likely that Emaline Leonard taught school in Grenola at one time or another.  Her husband Pete Leonard was from Grenola.
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk